Whitney Houston
MargeM
2012-02-12 01:17:06 UTC
So sad to hear that Whitney Houston died.....not really a surprise,
but what a shame. Prayers go out to her daughter and family.

Marge M
marvin
2012-02-12 01:27:03 UTC
Post by MargeM
So sad to hear that Whitney Houston died.....not really a surprise,
but what a shame. Prayers go out to her daughter and family.
Marge M
I don't know if she died from drugs, but it seems like that might be
the case.
What a shame- and how ironic how all the perils of fame that Barry
sang about in "15 Minutes" is just so true for so many entertainers
like Whiteny Houston and Amy Whitehouse. Marvin
MargeM
2012-02-12 01:44:01 UTC
Post by MargeM
So sad to hear that Whitney Houston died.....not really a surprise,
but what a shame. Prayers go out to her daughter and family.
Marge M
  I don't know if she died from drugs, but it seems like that might be
the case.
  What a shame- and how ironic how all the perils of fame that Barry
sang about in "15 Minutes" is just so true for so many entertainers
like Whiteny Houston and Amy Whitehouse. Marvin
CNN is saying she was at the hotel for Clive Davis' party tonight pre-
Grammys (Beverly Hilton)....boy, this is sure going to make all the
festivities seem weird. Supposedly Ray J was with her or found her
(Brandy's brother). It's going to be a very somber Grammy Awards.
Wonder if Barry was planning to go to Clive's party?

Marge M
Brenda M
2012-02-12 02:28:47 UTC
Post by MargeM
Post by MargeM
So sad to hear that Whitney Houston died.....not really a surprise,
but what a shame. Prayers go out to her daughter and family.
Marge M
  I don't know if she died from drugs, but it seems like that might be
the case.
  What a shame- and how ironic how all the perils of fame that Barry
sang about in "15 Minutes" is just so true for so many entertainers
like Whiteny Houston and Amy Whitehouse. Marvin
CNN is saying she was at the hotel for Clive Davis' party tonight pre-
Grammys (Beverly Hilton)....boy, this is sure going to make all the
festivities seem weird. Supposedly Ray J was with her or found her
(Brandy's brother). It's going to be a very somber Grammy Awards.
Wonder if Barry was planning to go to Clive's party?
Marge M
Relieved to hear Barry didn't go ...he sure didn't need the stress,
especially now.

Brenda
s***@gmail.com
2012-02-12 02:53:24 UTC
Post by Brenda M
Post by MargeM
Post by MargeM
[...]
Brenda- Hide quoted text -
TMZ had two photos that some paparazzi took in an article on her.
In both photos Whitney did not look very good. Then I saw an article
on Yahoo that said it was unclear if Clive Davis' pre-Grammy party
would go on. I'm sure Barry is upset that his old label mate has
passed on. Amy Winehouse and now her. It will most likely come
out that she was doing drugs again. The photos of her I saw on TMZ
didn't look like she was sick. They looked more like she was out of
it or she was on something.
Linda
MargeM
2012-02-12 03:12:23 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Brenda M
Post by MargeM
Post by MargeM
[...]
Don't know if this link will work, but it's a pic of Whitney and her
daughter Bobbi Kristina from two days ago at an event Kelly Price
hosted:

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&q=kelly+price+%26+friends&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&biw=768&bih=916&sei=7Cw3T9jMIcWWgwf_nO3nBQ

If it doesn't work, do a Google image search for Kelly Price &
Friends. She looks good. So sad.

Marge M
Brenda M
2012-02-12 03:17:28 UTC
Know what I find semi-comforting?

Knowing that if I outlived Barry, I wouldn't have to hear the news
anchors yammering on forever about his addictions and how they might
have killed him.

Sometimes these media vultures get on my last nerve. I just turned off
the TV. It's only gonna get worse.

Brenda
Post by s***@gmail.com
Linda
Beanz
2012-02-12 03:42:44 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Brenda M
Post by MargeM
Post by MargeM
[...]
Unfortunately Brenda, if the past is any indicator, they'll find
something else. The early years weren't that flattering if I do
recall correctly and people even now can be rather unnice, for lack of
a better word.

Marvin, I just saw Donny Osmond talking about his fame. Seems like
fame for anyone is a blessing and a curse. I guess that is just the
way it is.
marvin
2012-02-13 01:18:47 UTC
Post by Brenda M
Know what I find semi-comforting?
Knowing that if I outlived Barry, I wouldn't have to hear the news
anchors yammering on forever about his addictions and how they might
have killed him.
Sometimes these media vultures get on my last nerve. I just turned off
the TV. It's only gonna get worse.
Brenda
The reason people are going on about Whitney Houston is that
she died young and she was her own worst enemy. You can't blame the
media for the coverage; millions of people adored her and today
everyone wants to know how and why she died. Marvin
s***@att.net
2012-02-14 18:46:04 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Brenda M
Post by MargeM
Post by MargeM
[...]
Chaka Khan spoke about the dangers of the music industry that may have
influenced Houston and her battle with addiction.

"I think we all, as artists, because we're highly sensitive people,
and this machine around us, this so-called 'music industry,' is such a
demonic thing," she told Morgan. "It sacrifices people's lives and
their essences at the drop of a dime...I had a manager once say to me,
You know you're worth more money dead than alive."

The singer expressed the most concern about Clive Davis' decision to
move forward with his pre-Grammy party on the night that Houston
passed away in the same hotel that she died in.

"I thought that was complete insanity," Khan said. "I don't know what
could motivate a person, to have a party, in a building, where the
person, whose life he had influenced so enormously, and whose life had
been affected by her...I don't understand how that party went on."

Sharon Osbourne, the wife of Ozzy Osbourne and co-host of The Talk,
admitted that she could not make it to Davis' party after hearing
about Houston's death.

"I didn't go to the Clive Davis party," she told E! News. "I do not
know how people could have gone to the party knowing that Whitney was
still in that building dead."
marvin
2012-02-14 19:33:51 UTC
Post by s***@att.net
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Brenda M
Post by MargeM
Post by MargeM
[...]
Even though the party was probably less joyful that it would have
been had Whitney not died that day, why should Clive Davis cancel a
party that was made to celebrate music. The Grammys were not
cancelled, so why should the party be cancelled?
Life has to go on. It was a tragedy for everyone close to Whitney,
her family, friends and fans that she died the same day that the
Grammys were held, but the Grammys and the party were given to
celebrate the work of all the artists in the industry. Marvin
Brenda M
2012-02-14 20:25:01 UTC
Post by marvin
Even though the party was probably less joyful that it would have
been had Whitney not died that day, why should Clive Davis cancel a
party that was made to celebrate music. The Grammys were not
cancelled, so why should the party be cancelled?
Because a woman with whom he supposedly had a father-daughter
relationship had just
DIED. I would have thought - had he been, you know, a normal, decent
sort of human being -
He would have immediately called off the party. But I figured he
wouldn't call it off because his parties have nothing to do with
celebrating music; they exist to celebrate the wonder that is Clive
Davis. Not even his "daughter's" death must interfere with that.

The guy's a heartless egomaniac.

Brenda
bookworm
2012-02-14 21:11:49 UTC
Post by Brenda M
    Even though the party was probably less joyful that it would have
been had Whitney not died that day, why should Clive Davis cancel a
party that was made to celebrate music. The Grammys were not
cancelled, so why should the party be cancelled?
Because a woman with whom he supposedly had a father-daughter
relationship had just
DIED. I would have thought - had he been, you know, a normal, decent
sort of human being -
He would have immediately called off the party. But I figured he
wouldn't call it off because his parties have nothing to do with
celebrating music; they exist to celebrate the wonder that is Clive
Davis. Not even his "daughter's" death must interfere with that.
The guy's a heartless egomaniac.
Brenda
Thank you, Brenda, for saying it better than I did. It's time for him
to ride off into the sunset! I wonder if he is going to attend her
funeral? She put a HUGE amount of money in his pocket as did many
others. It's always been what HE wants and nothing else.
s***@att.net
2012-02-14 21:28:37 UTC
Post by bookworm
Post by Brenda M
[...]
Agree with both ot you about Davis
Also heard her funeral will be private.
bookworm
2012-02-14 21:33:55 UTC
Post by s***@att.net
Post by bookworm
Post by Brenda M
[...]
Also heard her funeral will be private.- Hide quoted text -
I take 'private' to mean no fans......not those that were directly
connected to her. If he doesn't show up there to pay his respects that
will tell everyone what kind of a person he really is.
Jane

Jane
bookworm
2012-02-14 22:18:37 UTC
Post by Jane
Post by bookworm
Post by s***@att.net
Agree with both ot you about Davis
Also heard her funeral will be private.- Hide quoted text -
I take 'private' to mean no fans......not those that were directly
connected to her. If he doesn't show up there to pay his respects that
will tell everyone what kind of a person he really is.
By invitation only.
Jane- Hide quoted text -
I would think he will get an invitation, wouldn't you? Unless there's
some bad blood there but nothing has ever been said about that. Where
did you hear about this, Jane? I haven't heard anything on any of the
news stations.
Jane
2012-02-14 23:20:19 UTC
Post by bookworm
Post by Jane
By invitation only.
Jane- Hide quoted text -
I would think he will get an invitation, wouldn't you? Unless there's
some bad blood there but nothing has ever been said about that. Where
did you hear about this, Jane? I haven't heard anything on any of the
news stations.
On the Philadelphia stations. It's to be held at noon on Saturday at
her church in Newark, New Jersey. Originally they had thought to have
a public service on Friday but later changed it to private, family and
invited friends.

Jane
bookworm
2012-02-15 01:23:33 UTC
Post by Jane
Post by bookworm
Post by Jane
By invitation only.
Jane- Hide quoted text -
I would think he will get an invitation, wouldn't you? Unless there's
some bad blood there but nothing has ever been said about that. Where
did you hear about this, Jane? I haven't heard anything on any of the
news stations.
On the Philadelphia stations. It's to be held at noon on Saturday at
her church in Newark, New Jersey. Originally they had thought to have
a public service on Friday but later changed it to private, family and
invited friends.
Jane- Hide quoted text -
Thanks. I would bet money Clive will be there with many others. I'll
be very surprised if he isn't. I would think there will be many fans
along the way as well, even if they can't get inside. I wonder if she
had a will. Her daughter may know what Whitney wanted.

They are saying now there was water in her lungs. I hope she didn't
drown because she passed out while in the tub. There will never be
anyone who can sing the way she did. What a voice! She's singing with
the angels now.
Kittenmommy
2012-02-15 01:34:42 UTC
I have a feeling that's exactly what happened. :(
s***@gmail.com
2012-02-15 02:14:40 UTC
Post by Kittenmommy
Post by bookworm
They are saying now there was water in her lungs. I hope she didn't
drown because she passed out while in the tub.
I have a feeling that's exactly what happened. :(
Or could she have taken drugs that made her drowsy? There are
doctor perscribed drugs that have side effects such as drowsiness,
dizziness and etc. Also there are people who fall a sleep while in
the bathtub. Whitney was found by one of her people at 3:55 PM.
So I don't think she was still at the Beverly Hilton when Clives
party
started. I'm just guessing his party started at 6 or 7 PM. Her body
may have already been taken from the hotel by then.

As for the furneral maybe her family doesn't want a circus like what
happened when Michael Jackson died. Every network carried the
memorial service so all of Michael Jackson's fans could watch even
if they couldn't be there in person. I believe celebrities deserve to
have a regular furneral just like normal people do. Without out all
the
big drama of a huge memorial service. Then if later on they want to
have star studded celebrity tribute on a major network fine. Let her
family have their private furneral or family, friends and celebrity
friends.
Linda
bookworm
2012-02-15 02:27:38 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Kittenmommy
Post by bookworm
[...]
She was there for hours, Linda.......still there when the party
started. They didn't take her to the Coroner's office until late at
night, long after she died.

She was pronounced dead at 3:55PM but was found before that.

She was in the spotlight and had a lot of loyal fans. They could have
a place for her fans to assemble to watch the funeral (cosed circuit
camera) but not be at the church.

Celebrities and all deserve to have whatever kind of funeral they want
but they better have it all in writing so their wishes are carried
out. We live on borrowed time and it's never too early to have your
affairs in order. We never know when our time here will be up.
dcsharon
2012-02-15 15:17:32 UTC
Post by bookworm
She was in the spotlight and had a lot of loyal fans. They could have
a place for her fans to assemble to watch the funeral (cosed circuit
camera) but not be at the church.
The Today show announced that there will be 1 "pool" camera at the
funeral and it will be shown in television (but I don't know what
channel yet).

They also said that the Enquirer tabloid was on display in the hotel
gift shop and Whitney saw it and "had a meltdown" over the headline.

Doesn't anyone brief these hotel employees that if (a) there's a
celebrity due to come to your hotel and (b) there's an unflattering
headline of them in a tabloid -- you put it away until the celebrity
is off the premises?? Considering it's Hollywood, any number of
celebs are going to be on any number of tabloids but when you know
it's Grammy's biggest night, and you've got Whitney Houston and Clive
Davis among the masses, why not move the darn thing? Losing a couple
sales wouldn't hurt.

Did it add to her death? Probably not -- but now everyone knows that
she saw the headine and reacted to it.

I remember when some of our friends were touring with Lyle Lovett and
all that mess between him and Julia Roberts was going on. They didn't
want him to see that stuff either. There was an entire article written
about Lyle and Julia being in a restaurant with a mutual friend and
his wife (and went on and on about th status of their relationship and
wanting kids... etc). The only "true" sentence was that they were,
indeed, in the restaurant. The rest was made up garbage.

(DC) Sharon
bookworm
2012-02-15 17:41:36 UTC
Post by dcsharon
Post by bookworm
[...]
That hotel has high profile people there all the time. They have a
right to sell whatever they want. If they kept everything hidden
(every smut paper, etc.) because the stars are there, they would
probably have an empty store. If Whitney was that 'fragile', maybe she
shouldn't have been anywhere near there that day. Doctors are already
saying her support network should have kept her away from there
because she just got out of rehab last year and they should never have
allowed her to drink at that party. They said she was clearly
relapsing. She was unable to 'manage' her recovery. She was hanging
with the wrong people and, according to these doctors interviewed, an
addict is always an addict for the rest of their life even though they
may be clean at the time of any incident. It's a constant struggle on
a daily basis to stay away from whatever you are addicted to.

I wonder if her heart just gave out from years of abusing her body?
Some are now saying she was terribly thin as well but seemed to have
gained a few pounds recently. If she was anorexic or on the verge of
it on top of everything else, that can play a part in everything too.
Karen Carpenter is a solid example of that.

Whatever the reason for her passing, we've lost a beautiful songbird
and I truly hope the others in the Spotlight wake up and see what can
happen if they turn to drugs. And I feel these people's managers
should pay closer attention to what is going on with their clients
along with those closest to these stars and not push them to the point
where they feel like they are being pulled in 10 different directions.
I guess this is part of what happens when anyone becomes an icon. Her
star exploded as Barry says. Part of the problem is people can't say
NO to these icons. They give these icons anything they want so they
can feel closer to the icon or try to be part of the icon's inner
circle. So sad.
Jane
2012-02-15 03:11:46 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Or could she have taken drugs that made her drowsy? There are
doctor perscribed drugs that have side effects such as drowsiness,
dizziness and etc.  Also there are people who fall a sleep while in
the bathtub. Whitney was found by one of her people at 3:55 PM.
So I don't think she was still at the Beverly Hilton when Clives
party
started. I'm just guessing his party started at 6 or 7 PM. Her body
may have already been taken from the hotel by then.
Linda
Her body wasn't removed until early the next morning.

A pathological physician was interviewed and said that she would have
awakened when she started to go under the water if she had only fallen
asleep. There was some water in her lungs but not enough to have
drowned.

Jane
bookworm
2012-02-15 03:40:44 UTC
Post by Jane
Post by s***@gmail.com
Or could she have taken drugs that made her drowsy? There are
doctor perscribed drugs that have side effects such as drowsiness,
dizziness and etc.  Also there are people who fall a sleep while in
the bathtub. Whitney was found by one of her people at 3:55 PM.
So I don't think she was still at the Beverly Hilton when Clives
party
started. I'm just guessing his party started at 6 or 7 PM. Her body
may have already been taken from the hotel by then.
Linda
Her body wasn't removed until early the next morning.
A pathological physician was interviewed and said that she would have
awakened when she started to go under the water if she had only fallen
asleep. There was some water in her lungs but not enough to have
drowned.
Jane
Yes, she was there for something like 9 hours - maybe even longer -
before they were finished with that part of the investigation and had
her removed. They take their time in very high profile investigations
because it's all under the spotlight and everyone is watching.

Just strange and no one will know what really happened in that
bathroom.

They just said on the news she was broke and living on advances. So
sad. In the mid 1990's she was said to be one of the richest people in
the world. I can't even comprehend signing a contract for $100,000,000
and that was only part of it.
Kittenmommy
2012-02-15 03:22:45 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Kittenmommy
Post by bookworm
They are saying now there was water in her lungs. I hope she didn't
drown because she passed out while in the tub.
I have a feeling that's exactly what happened. :(
Or could she have taken drugs that made her drowsy? There are
doctor perscribed drugs that have side effects such as drowsiness,
dizziness and etc.
I've taken lots of those drugs. And I've never been inebriated enough
to fall asleep in the bathtub and *drown*.
Post by s***@gmail.com
Also there are people who fall a sleep while in
the bathtub.
Yes. But they generally don't drown. Not unless they're so out of it
that their bodies don't even register that they've *slipped
underwater* and that they *can't breathe*.

Also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammalian_diving_reflex Granted,
that may not apply since most people take warm baths, not cold ones.
bookworm
2012-02-15 02:19:23 UTC
Post by Kittenmommy
Post by bookworm
They are saying now there was water in her lungs. I hope she didn't
drown because she passed out while in the tub.
I have a feeling that's exactly what happened. :(
When the reporters were talking to the ME (Winter) yesterday, he said
there was nothing obvious to show what caused her death. If she
drowned, wouldn't they have known it because her lungs were full of
water? They aren't releasing any info. at all right now. She could
have overdosed and passed out which caused her to slide under the
water.. We shouldn't speculate and just remember what a talented lady
she was.
MargeM
2012-02-15 01:26:57 UTC
Post by Brenda M
    Even though the party was probably less joyful that it would have
been had Whitney not died that day, why should Clive Davis cancel a
party that was made to celebrate music. The Grammys were not
cancelled, so why should the party be cancelled?
Because a woman with whom he supposedly had a father-daughter
relationship had just
DIED. I would have thought - had he been, you know, a normal, decent
sort of human being -
He would have immediately called off the party. But I figured he
wouldn't call it off because his parties have nothing to do with
celebrating music; they exist to celebrate the wonder that is Clive
Davis. Not even his "daughter's" death must interfere with that.
The guy's a heartless egomaniac.
Brenda
I totally agree Brenda....and I saw that interview on Piers Morgan
with Chaka Khan and she nailed it....if it reruns, I'd suggest
catching it. Out of all the media I've seen the last few days, she's
got the clearest head on her shoulders. I can't believe anyone would
feel like going to a party....and like Sharon Osbourne said, on top of
everything, knowing she was still in the building.

Marge M
bookworm
2012-02-14 19:32:42 UTC
Post by s***@att.net
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Brenda M
Post by MargeM
Post by MargeM
[...]
still in that building dead."- Hide quoted text -
The plans for the party and the awards show were set. If they
cancelled, it would have cost a bunch to reschedule. Many were in town
just for this party and the awards show. I believe it was said Clive
decided to go on with everything because Whitney would have wanted it
that way. Maybe they felt by going on with this party, it would help
everyone get past the shock of hearing Whitney had died. It may all
come out as people are interviewed.

Clive has always been power hungry, imo. This was HIS big night and
always has been. I don't know if he foots the bill for this every year
or if he has sponsors that contribute. Personally, I really feel Clive
should retire. He's too old and too set in his ways. And.....how much
is enough? True, he probably feels useful as long as he is working but
it's time for him to move on.

On another note, I wonder if these people in this industry have become
hardened to things like this because it seems to happen so much. They
have the attitude that oh well, life goes on and these things happen.
That's just the impression 'I' get. It's so unfortunate but, if you
want to take your chances using these drugs, mixing them, etc. you
have to accept the consequences. It's a grueling life and some just
aren't as strong as others. When these things are so readily
available, it's very hard for some to keep the grueling schedules and
that's when they turn to drugs to sleep, wake up, give them energy,
keep them thin, give them a boost, help them deal with depression,
etc. Whitney suffered from insomnia, anxiety and supposedly had some
kind of a throat infection. They said on the news that people close to
her are saying she's been free of the 'hard stuff' for a long time.
Others are saying in the few days before her death, she was acting
irratically and didn't seem to be acting 'normal' - whatever that
means. She struggled with her demons for a long time and now she is at
peace. Fame....can you take it?

I'm so glad Barry has a great support network and those around him
have helped him keep his feet on the ground. It's so easy to get
sucked up in that whirlwind.
Jane
2012-02-12 03:33:59 UTC
Post by MargeM
CNN is saying she was at the hotel for Clive Davis' party tonight pre-
Grammys (Beverly Hilton)....boy, this is sure going to make all the
festivities seem weird. Supposedly Ray J was with her or found her
(Brandy's brother). It's going to be a very somber Grammy Awards.
Wonder if Barry was planning to go to Clive's party?
Marge M
Garry tweeted that he was going to skip Clive's party.

Jane
Kittenmommy
2012-02-12 23:44:46 UTC
Post by Jane
Post by MargeM
CNN is saying she was at the hotel for Clive Davis' party tonight pre-
Grammys (Beverly Hilton)....boy, this is sure going to make all the
festivities seem weird. Supposedly Ray J was with her or found her
(Brandy's brother). It's going to be a very somber Grammy Awards.
Wonder if Barry was planning to go to Clive's party?
Marge M
Garry tweeted that he was going to skip Clive's party.
Well, since Barry can only stand up/walk for 20 minutes a day, that's
really not surprising. I'd have been more surprised if he'd shown up
at that party, TBH.
bookworm
2012-02-13 14:27:42 UTC
Post by MargeM
So sad to hear that Whitney Houston died.....not really a surprise,
but what a shame. Prayers go out to her daughter and family.
Marge M
  I don't know if she died from drugs, but it seems like that might be
the case.
  What a shame- and how ironic how all the perils of fame that Barry
sang about in "15 Minutes" is just so true for so many entertainers
like Whiteny Houston and Amy Whitehouse. Marvin
It may not have had anything to do with her taking drugs now. Years of
abuse will take their toll by other means like the heart just stopping
because it's worn out or any of a number of reasons. They didn't find
much in her room but she very well could have taken an overdose of
Xanex without even realizing it. We won't know for a while and the
Coroner isn't releasing any information so we wait for the test
results.

The best part of the Grammy's was Jennifer Hudson but I expected a
little more than that. I found the rest of the evening quite boring.
Too much garbage considered 'good music' these days. And Tony
Bennett??? I'll leave THAT subject alone. jmho
Brenda M
2012-02-12 01:58:45 UTC
Definitely not a surprise ... One of the lead stories in this week's
National
Enquirer was titled, "Whitney Collapses: Strung Out and Broke,
It's Worse Than Anyone Thought."

The woman has been a mess for years.
It's a great sadness for many, but at least she's finally at peace.

Brenda
Marge M
dcsharon
2012-02-13 03:06:08 UTC
Post by Brenda M
Definitely not a surprise ... One of the lead stories in this week's
National
Enquirer was titled, "Whitney Collapses: Strung Out and Broke,
It's Worse Than Anyone Thought."
The woman has been a mess for years.
It's a great sadness for many, but at least she's finally at peace.
Brenda
You're right - this woman has been a mess for years. I saw her in the
early 90's at the NY State Fair. She came on the stage 1 hour after
her opening act finished their set.

She came out, sang 4 songs, and left. You could see the limo driving
off as the shocked audience sat there stunned,. There was no
explanation, and no refunds were offered because "technically" she
performed. We were very disappointed, as I had watched her perform
at the Statue of Liberty event and we saw how electric she could be.

It is very sad.

(DC) Sharon
Maria
2012-02-12 04:27:42 UTC
Post by MargeM
So sad to hear that Whitney Houston died.....not really a surprise,
but what a shame. Prayers go out to her daughter and family.
Marge M
Very sad. I am just shocked. First Michael Jackson, now Whitney.
Two who had their demons and were not able to control them, but were
so immensely talented. A great loss.

Maria
KJM
2012-02-12 10:15:02 UTC
Post by MargeM
So sad to hear that Whitney Houston died.....not really a surprise,
but what a shame. Prayers go out to her daughter and family.
Marge M
Very sad.  I am just shocked.  First Michael Jackson, now Whitney.
Two who had their demons and were not able to control them, but were
so immensely talented.  A great loss.
Maria
Such dreadfully sad news, my heart goes out to all her family and
friends,
a waste of such natural talent and a beautiful woman. Beyond sad.
Karen x
Angel
2012-02-12 13:54:38 UTC
Post by MargeM
So sad to hear that Whitney Houston died.....not really a surprise,
but what a shame. Prayers go out to her daughter and family.
Marge M
It is dreadfully sad news, words fail me right now.
My heart goes out to her loved ones.
sad, sad news.
Reb
2012-02-12 17:19:39 UTC
Post by MargeM
So sad to hear that Whitney Houston died.....not really a surprise,
but what a shame. Prayers go out to her daughter and family.
Marge M
"Barry Manilow added, "I can't believe that Whitney is gone.We spent more
than twenty great years together at Arista Records with our friend and
mentor, Clive Davis. My heart goes out to her family, to Clive, and to
everyone who knew and loved this amazingly talented and beautiful artist. I
will always love her."

http://www.eonline.com/news/quincy_jones_dolly_parton_rihanna_katy/293575
KJM
2012-02-12 18:11:24 UTC
Post by Reb
Post by MargeM
So sad to hear that Whitney Houston died.....not really a surprise,
but what a shame. Prayers go out to her daughter and family.
Marge M
"Barry Manilow added, "I can't believe that Whitney is gone.We spent more
than twenty great years together at Arista Records with our friend and
mentor, Clive Davis. My heart goes out to her family, to Clive, and to
everyone who knew and loved this amazingly talented and beautiful artist. I
will always love her."
http://www.eonline.com/news/quincy_jones_dolly_parton_rihanna_katy/29...
I just cannot believe that so many talented and wonderful artists have
gone
this last 2 years. I am sure it has crossed some of your minds also,
Barry's
15 Minutes, some of the up and coming young stars, would do themselves
a huge favour, if they listened to it, and read the lyrics, and paid
them
some serious mind.

I have turned off the TV, Radio, cannot bear all the total shite they
are
drivelling on about, even when gone, they have no respect, I truly do
loathe the media at times.

Karen x
s***@gmail.com
2012-02-12 22:01:37 UTC
Post by KJM
Post by Reb
Post by MargeM
[...]
http://popcrush.com/whitney-houston-died-underwater-xanax
According to the above site Whitney was found dead under water.
Whitney was taking Xanax which is a drug for anxiety and depression.
They also mentioned her use of achcohol. Xanax and achcohol don't mix.
Also now it's being reported that her daughter Bobbi Kristine is in an
LA
hospital. She must be taking her mothers death pretty hard.

If you want to be in the entertainment business you need to have a
strong
support system. Even though some poeple may not like some of Barry's
people he does have a good strong support system. People that keep him
grounded and support him.

That is also what Donny Osmond has always had a good support system
along with supportive parents. Donny's older brothers Alan. Wayne,
Merrill
and Jay wanted to perform. They got their start with Andy Williams.
Donny
was added when he got older. Unlike Michael Jackson who's dad wanted
get out of Gary Indiana. He saw Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and
Michael
as his ticket out of Gary.

Tonight during the Grammys Jennifer Hudson and Chaka Khan will pay
tribute to Whitney Houston. That was announced on Yahoo news.
Linda
Junie
2012-02-12 22:09:18 UTC
This is upsetting. Just who are the 'adults' in that 'entourage' who
gave her a sedative, after allowing her to drink?

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/02/whitney-houston-daughter-bobbi-kristina-hospitalized-twice-12-hours

Whitney Houston's 18-year-old daughter, Bobbi Kristina, was
hospitalized just after midnight — this was BEFORE she was rushed to
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center for a SECOND time Sunday afternoon, a
family source has confirmed to Star magazine and RadarOnline.com.

"She tried to ease the pain of losing her mother by having a few
alcoholic drinks," the insider said.

"She was distraught, on the verge of a complete breakdown. Not knowing
what to do, members of her mother's entourage tried to calm her down
with a sedative. The two were an unfortunate mix and she ended up
passing out."

The cause of why Bobbi Kristina was transported to Cedars on Sunday
afternoon -- for a second time -- is not yet known.
Maria
2012-02-12 23:26:27 UTC
Post by KJM
I just cannot believe that so many talented and wonderful artists have
gone
this last 2 years.
I was in the record store today looking at all the great artists that
have passed on... Whitney, Michael, Luther, Phyllis Hyman, Nick
Ashford to name a few. Not all for the same reason, but gone
nonethless. So, so sad.

Maria
marvin
2012-02-13 01:23:31 UTC
Post by KJM
I have turned off the TV, Radio, cannot bear all the total shite they
are
drivelling on about, even when gone, they have no respect, I truly do
loathe the media at times.
Karen x
Tony Bennett has used the occasion of Whitney Houston's death to
make an appeal for America to legalize drugs. Bennett seems to always
use the media to make controversial comments lately- like saying that
Americans were responsible for 9/11/ Tony Bennett must have left his
brains in San Francisco. Marvin
Brenda M
2012-02-13 04:51:18 UTC
Post by KJM
I have turned off the TV, Radio, cannot bear all the total shite they
are
drivelling on about, even when gone, they have no respect, I truly do
loathe the media at times.
Karen x
     Tony Bennett has used the occasion of Whitney Houston's death to
make an appeal for America to legalize drugs. Bennett seems to always
use the media to make controversial comments lately- like saying that
Americans were responsible for 9/11/ Tony Bennett must have left his
brains in San Francisco. Marvin
Marvin,

I'm convinced there's something seriously wrong with Tony's brain. He
should be tested.

Brenda
bookworm
2012-02-13 14:33:12 UTC
Post by KJM
I have turned off the TV, Radio, cannot bear all the total shite they
are
drivelling on about, even when gone, they have no respect, I truly do
loathe the media at times.
Karen x
     Tony Bennett has used the occasion of Whitney Houston's death to
make an appeal for America to legalize drugs. Bennett seems to always
use the media to make controversial comments lately- like saying that
Americans were responsible for 9/11/ Tony Bennett must have left his
brains in San Francisco. Marvin
Most of these drugs ARE legal already. It's the combination of them
taken together or abused and taken more than prescribed that causes a
lot of this. Heath Ledger is a perfect example. I really believe Tony
Bennett needs to retire as he must be in the early stages of
Dementia.The fact is whether these drugs are legal or not, people will
still get them any way they can and use them.
Blintzy
How will legalizing them stop people abusing them?
bookworm
2012-02-13 16:18:41 UTC
Post by bookworm
Post by KJM
[...]
How will legalizing them stop people abusing them?- Hide quoted text -
You should ask Tony Bennett that. I wonder if he would have a decent
answer for you.
dcsharon
2012-02-15 02:53:21 UTC
     Tony Bennett has used the occasion of Whitney Houston's death to
make an appeal for America to legalize drugs. Bennett seems to always
use the media to make controversial comments lately- like saying that
Americans were responsible for 9/11/ Tony Bennett must have left his
brains in San Francisco. Marvin
That's only PART of what he said -- he said that the drugs should be
legalized, so they are given by prescription, not sold by thugs on the
street.

Unfortunately, you can still abuse drugs given by a doctor -- but
maybe it would help stop doctor shopping and getting multiple
prescriptions from different doctors.

(DC) Sharon
bookworm
2012-02-15 04:03:10 UTC
Post by dcsharon
     Tony Bennett has used the occasion of Whitney Houston's death to
make an appeal for America to legalize drugs. Bennett seems to always
use the media to make controversial comments lately- like saying that
Americans were responsible for 9/11/ Tony Bennett must have left his
brains in San Francisco. Marvin
That's only PART of what he said -- he said that the drugs should be
legalized, so they are given by prescription, not sold by thugs on the
street.
Unfortunately, you can still abuse drugs given by a doctor -- but
maybe it would help stop doctor shopping and getting multiple
prescriptions from different doctors.
(DC) Sharon
All this makes it bad for everyone else because doctors will be afraid
to prescribe anything for fear of getting sued or their patients
dying.

Most of these drugs are legal already but when someone doctor shops,
these doctors only know what these people tell them. If someone
already has a Rx for a drug and then goes to another doctor for the
same thing and tells that doctor they aren't taking anything, that's
all that doctor knows. There are no easy answers.
Suzan
2012-02-15 14:32:40 UTC
Post by bookworm
Most of these drugs are legal already but when someone doctor shops,
these doctors only know what these people tell them. If someone
already has a Rx for a drug and then goes to another doctor for the
same thing and tells that doctor they aren't taking anything, that's
all that doctor knows. There are no easy answers
I agree that there are no easy answers. A national prescription
database? That has serious privacy concerns and there's still too much
room for abuse. But often numerous aliases are used to get multiple
prescriptions--there have to be better ways to prevent that. Remember
when actress Brittany Murphy died a few years ago? (I assume it was
discussed on this board, as she used the name "Lola Manilow" as one of
her aliases to get prescription drugs!). At least one pharmacy had
cut her off because they thought it was suspicious, yet others
continued to fill them. Similarly, no one raised any red flags when
Conrad Murray purchased huge quantities of propofol. The pharmacy
that provided the drugs was eventually shut down, but only after the
trial and public scrutiny raised questions.

RIP, Whitney. I will miss her beautiful voice; she really was a
unique talent.
Suzan
2012-02-15 14:58:10 UTC
Post by bookworm
Most of these drugs are legal already but when someone doctor shops,
these doctors only know what these people tell them. If someone
already has a Rx for a drug and then goes to another doctor for the
same thing and tells that doctor they aren't taking anything, that's
all that doctor knows. There are no easy answers
I agree that there are no easy answers. A national prescription
database? That has serious privacy concerns and there's still too
much
room for abuse. But often numerous aliases are used to get multiple
prescriptions--there has to be better ways to prevent that. Remember

unique talent.
Kittenmommy
2012-02-15 19:03:50 UTC
Post by Suzan
Remember
when actress Brittany Murphy died a few years ago? (I assume it was
discussed on this board, as she used the name "Lola Manilow" as one of
her aliases to get prescription drugs!).  At least one pharmacy had
cut her off because they thought it was suspicious, yet others
continued to fill them.
This boggles my mind. "Lola Manilow"?? And that didn't raise any
eyebrows??? Wow.
bookworm
2012-02-15 19:45:30 UTC
Post by Suzan
Remember
when actress Brittany Murphy died a few years ago? (I assume it was
discussed on this board, as she used the name "Lola Manilow" as one of
her aliases to get prescription drugs!).  At least one pharmacy had
cut her off because they thought it was suspicious, yet others
continued to fill them.
This boggles my mind.  "Lola Manilow"??  And that didn't raise any
eyebrows???  Wow.
I think I would blame the doctor first for not being suspicious and
writing the Rx in the first place with that name. Pharmacies will fill
the RX if it comes from a legit doctor. Maybe there needs to be
stricter regulations in place? But how to go about that without
infringing on people's right to privacy is the question.
Kittenmommy
2012-02-16 00:14:24 UTC
Post by bookworm
Post by Suzan
Remember
when actress Brittany Murphy died a few years ago? (I assume it was
discussed on this board, as she used the name "Lola Manilow" as one of
her aliases to get prescription drugs!).  At least one pharmacy had
cut her off because they thought it was suspicious, yet others
continued to fill them.
This boggles my mind.  "Lola Manilow"??  And that didn't raise any
eyebrows???  Wow.
I think I would blame the doctor first for not being suspicious and
writing the Rx in the first place with that name.
Something tells me that the doc who wrote that one knew exactly what s/
he was doing.
There are (as is often the case) no easy answers here.
Totosmom
2012-02-16 03:19:22 UTC
Post by bookworm
Post by Suzan
Remember
when actress Brittany Murphy died a few years ago? (I assume it was
discussed on this board, as she used the name "Lola Manilow" as one of
her aliases to get prescription drugs!).  At least one pharmacy had
cut her off because they thought it was suspicious, yet others
continued to fill them.
This boggles my mind.  "Lola Manilow"??  And that didn't raise any
eyebrows???  Wow.
I think I would blame the doctor first for not being suspicious and
writing the Rx in the first place with that name. Pharmacies will fill
the RX if it comes from a legit doctor. Maybe there needs to be
stricter regulations in place? But how to go about that without
infringing on people's right to privacy is the question.
I agree that the fault in most of these cases of prescription drug
abuse stems from the doctors that indulge these celebrities with
whatever they ask for. Lock some more of these doctors up, and
perhaps their ways of doing business will change. Any doctor who
knowingly writes a prescription for an alias or any other made up
name, just to provide a celebrity with their "fix", needs some jail
time along with the celebrity who asks for it.

JMHO

Bonnie
Jane
2012-02-16 03:47:07 UTC
Post by Totosmom
Post by bookworm
Post by Suzan
[...]
If these people want drugs that bad they'll find them, with or without
a doctor's prescription.

Jane
bookworm
2012-02-16 03:55:36 UTC
Post by Jane
Post by Totosmom
Post by bookworm
Post by Suzan
[...]
ITA, Jane. Right now kids are stealing them from their parents and
selling them to whoever wants to buy. Have you seen that commercial on
TV where they are telling parents to lock up their Rx's so the kids
can't get to them?

bookworm
2012-02-15 19:50:06 UTC
Post by Suzan
Remember
when actress Brittany Murphy died a few years ago? (I assume it was
discussed on this board, as she used the name "Lola Manilow" as one of
her aliases to get prescription drugs!).  At least one pharmacy had
cut her off because they thought it was suspicious, yet others
continued to fill them.
This boggles my mind.  "Lola Manilow"??  And that didn't raise any
eyebrows???  Wow.
It probably wouldn't raise suspicion with people at all if they are
not familiar with Barry and his songs. Maybe they should start
requiring ID in order to fill the Rx? Most people aren't going to have
legit ID for every name they use and maybe this would make people have
to use their real names? But then there are the drugs that can be
bought right off the streets with nothing required but CASH.
Kittenmommy
2012-02-16 00:16:39 UTC
Post by bookworm
Post by Suzan
Remember
when actress Brittany Murphy died a few years ago? (I assume it was
discussed on this board, as she used the name "Lola Manilow" as one of
her aliases to get prescription drugs!).  At least one pharmacy had
cut her off because they thought it was suspicious, yet others
continued to fill them.
This boggles my mind.  "Lola Manilow"??  And that didn't raise any
eyebrows???  Wow.
It probably wouldn't raise suspicion with people at all if they are
not familiar with Barry and his songs.
I would think that at least that would get a, "Oh, are you related to
the singer?". Maybe it did.

But who doesn't know of "Copacabana"? I can't wrap my head around
that concept; it's one of those songs that "everyone" seems to
"know" (or at least know *of*).
Post by bookworm
Maybe they should start
requiring ID in order to fill the Rx? Most people aren't going to have
legit ID for every name they use and maybe this would make people have
to use their real names?
I have actually been asked to show ID when picking up certain
prescriptions (Percocet, for one). So... IDK.
Post by bookworm
But then there are the drugs that can be
bought right off the streets with nothing required but CASH.
And that *never* going to stop, even if everything were legalized
tomorrow morning.
marvin
2012-02-13 01:13:35 UTC
Post by KJM
I just cannot believe that so many talented and wonderful artists have
gone
this last 2 years.  I am sure it has crossed some of your minds also,
Barry's
15 Minutes, some of the up and coming young stars, would do themselves
a huge favour, if they listened to it, and read the lyrics, and paid
them
some serious mind.
The most important thing is for the up and coming entertainers to
stay away from drugs and stay close to their support system- be it a
family or close friends as Barry has done to ensure a happy life.
Post by KJM
I have turned off the TV, Radio, cannot bear all the total shite they
are
drivelling on about, even when gone, they have no respect, I truly do
loathe the media at times.
Karen x
The media coverage on Whitney Houston's death is extensive
because millions of people are following this story.
When a big star dies unexpectedly and young, interest is huge and
in due time, there will be a movie about her life, a musical, and even
the Grammys tonight will score big ratings when Jennifer Hudson and
Chaka Kahn will pay tribute to her with a medley of her famous songs.
Marvin
Totosmom
2012-02-13 02:20:33 UTC
Post by MargeM
So sad to hear that Whitney Houston died.....not really a surprise,
but what a shame. Prayers go out to her daughter and family.
Marge M
So sad. A musical giant gone too soon. My thoughts go out to her
family and friends.

Bonnie
Dunbar
2012-02-13 03:01:57 UTC
Post by MargeM
So sad to hear that Whitney Houston died.....not really a surprise,
but what a shame. Prayers go out to her daughter and family.
Marge M
Very sad indeed. She will be missed. I and countless others hoped
someday she'd get it together. Now she'll never have that chance. My
heart aches for her lonely daughter. They were everything to each
other. And where the hell is her 'father'? If you can call him that.
meshuga
2012-02-15 18:48:06 UTC
Here's a link to a pic of Whitney with Barry from the People Magazine
website:

http://www.people.com/people/package/gallery/0,,20569493_20569527_21118755,00.html

Amy