Whitney Houston
MargeM
2012-02-12 01:17:06 UTC
So sad to hear that Whitney Houston died.....not really a surprise,
but what a shame. Prayers go out to her daughter and family.

Marge M
marvin
2012-02-12 01:27:03 UTC
Post by MargeM
So sad to hear that Whitney Houston died.....not really a surprise,
but what a shame. Prayers go out to her daughter and family.
Marge M
I don't know if she died from drugs, but it seems like that might be
the case.
What a shame- and how ironic how all the perils of fame that Barry
sang about in "15 Minutes" is just so true for so many entertainers
like Whiteny Houston and Amy Whitehouse. Marvin
MargeM
2012-02-12 01:44:01 UTC
Post by MargeM
So sad to hear that Whitney Houston died.....not really a surprise,
but what a shame. Prayers go out to her daughter and family.
Marge M
  I don't know if she died from drugs, but it seems like that might be
the case.
  What a shame- and how ironic how all the perils of fame that Barry
sang about in "15 Minutes" is just so true for so many entertainers
like Whiteny Houston and Amy Whitehouse. Marvin
CNN is saying she was at the hotel for Clive Davis' party tonight pre-
Grammys (Beverly Hilton)....boy, this is sure going to make all the
festivities seem weird. Supposedly Ray J was with her or found her
(Brandy's brother). It's going to be a very somber Grammy Awards.
Wonder if Barry was planning to go to Clive's party?

Marge M
Brenda M
2012-02-12 02:28:47 UTC
Post by MargeM
Post by MargeM
So sad to hear that Whitney Houston died.....not really a surprise,
but what a shame. Prayers go out to her daughter and family.
Marge M
  I don't know if she died from drugs, but it seems like that might be
the case.
  What a shame- and how ironic how all the perils of fame that Barry
sang about in "15 Minutes" is just so true for so many entertainers
like Whiteny Houston and Amy Whitehouse. Marvin
CNN is saying she was at the hotel for Clive Davis' party tonight pre-
Grammys (Beverly Hilton)....boy, this is sure going to make all the
festivities seem weird. Supposedly Ray J was with her or found her
(Brandy's brother). It's going to be a very somber Grammy Awards.
Wonder if Barry was planning to go to Clive's party?
Marge M
Relieved to hear Barry didn't go ...he sure didn't need the stress,
especially now.

Brenda
s***@gmail.com
2012-02-12 02:53:24 UTC
Post by Brenda M
Post by MargeM
Post by MargeM
[...]
Brenda- Hide quoted text -
TMZ had two photos that some paparazzi took in an article on her.
In both photos Whitney did not look very good. Then I saw an article
on Yahoo that said it was unclear if Clive Davis' pre-Grammy party
would go on. I'm sure Barry is upset that his old label mate has
passed on. Amy Winehouse and now her. It will most likely come
out that she was doing drugs again. The photos of her I saw on TMZ
didn't look like she was sick. They looked more like she was out of
it or she was on something.
Linda
MargeM
2012-02-12 03:12:23 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Brenda M
Post by MargeM
Post by MargeM
[...]
Don't know if this link will work, but it's a pic of Whitney and her
daughter Bobbi Kristina from two days ago at an event Kelly Price
hosted:

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&q=kelly+price+%26+friends&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&biw=768&bih=916&sei=7Cw3T9jMIcWWgwf_nO3nBQ

If it doesn't work, do a Google image search for Kelly Price &
Friends. She looks good. So sad.

Marge M
Brenda M
2012-02-12 03:17:28 UTC
Know what I find semi-comforting?

Knowing that if I outlived Barry, I wouldn't have to hear the news
anchors yammering on forever about his addictions and how they might
have killed him.

Sometimes these media vultures get on my last nerve. I just turned off
the TV. It's only gonna get worse.

Brenda
Post by s***@gmail.com
Linda
Beanz
2012-02-12 03:42:44 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Brenda M
Post by MargeM
Post by MargeM
[...]
Unfortunately Brenda, if the past is any indicator, they'll find
something else. The early years weren't that flattering if I do
recall correctly and people even now can be rather unnice, for lack of
a better word.

Marvin, I just saw Donny Osmond talking about his fame. Seems like
fame for anyone is a blessing and a curse. I guess that is just the
way it is.
marvin
2012-02-13 01:18:47 UTC
Post by Brenda M
Know what I find semi-comforting?
Knowing that if I outlived Barry, I wouldn't have to hear the news
anchors yammering on forever about his addictions and how they might
have killed him.
Sometimes these media vultures get on my last nerve. I just turned off
the TV. It's only gonna get worse.
Brenda
The reason people are going on about Whitney Houston is that
she died young and she was her own worst enemy. You can't blame the
media for the coverage; millions of people adored her and today
everyone wants to know how and why she died. Marvin
s***@att.net
2012-02-14 18:46:04 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Brenda M
Post by MargeM
Post by MargeM
[...]
Chaka Khan spoke about the dangers of the music industry that may have
influenced Houston and her battle with addiction.

"I think we all, as artists, because we're highly sensitive people,
and this machine around us, this so-called 'music industry,' is such a
demonic thing," she told Morgan. "It sacrifices people's lives and
their essences at the drop of a dime...I had a manager once say to me,
You know you're worth more money dead than alive."

The singer expressed the most concern about Clive Davis' decision to
move forward with his pre-Grammy party on the night that Houston
passed away in the same hotel that she died in.

"I thought that was complete insanity," Khan said. "I don't know what
could motivate a person, to have a party, in a building, where the
person, whose life he had influenced so enormously, and whose life had
been affected by her...I don't understand how that party went on."

Sharon Osbourne, the wife of Ozzy Osbourne and co-host of The Talk,
admitted that she could not make it to Davis' party after hearing
about Houston's death.

"I didn't go to the Clive Davis party," she told E! News. "I do not
know how people could have gone to the party knowing that Whitney was
still in that building dead."
marvin
2012-02-14 19:33:51 UTC
Post by s***@att.net
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Brenda M
Post by MargeM
Post by MargeM
[...]
Even though the party was probably less joyful