OT - Mac Davis
dcsharon
2020-09-29 14:56:24 UTC
Per David Wild's tweet, it appears Mac Davis is in need of some positive vibes sent his way (for those that don't know, he's the guy standing next to Clive in the Mandy video)
Say a prayer for #MacDavis, a great singer-songwriter & entertainer who has given us so many memories. He is reportedly critically ill after heart surgery. What a thrill it was to spend some time with Mac just two years ago on this Elvis Tribute special.
https://twitter.com/Wildaboutmusic/status/1310801775830601728?s=20

(DC) Sharon
dcsharon
2020-09-30 14:31:39 UTC
Unfortunately, we lost both Mac Davis and Helen Reddy yesterday. May their memories be a blessing and their voices eternal.

(DC) Sharon
Scooter
2020-09-30 16:20:06 UTC
Post by dcsharon
Unfortunately, we lost both Mac Davis and Helen Reddy
yesterday. May their memories be a blessing and their
voices eternal.
The Hollywood Reporter has a wonderful obit for Mac. His
career was quite remarkable as a performer and songwriter.

In the song "Texas In My Rear View Mirror," he sang, "And when
I die you can bury me in Lubbock, Texas, in my jeans." The
following is from the Hollywood Reporter obit:

---
While details for arrangements are pending, his wife said
Davis will be buried in Lubbock, and in a nod to his song
"Texas in My Rear View Mirror," he will be in jeans.
---

Welcome home to Texas, Mac. RIP.

Hollywood Reporter Obit

https://bit.ly/34du1ne

Scooter
marvin
2020-10-01 02:25:14 UTC
Helen Reddy will always be known for her song "I Am Woman" for generations to come and I was sorry to learn that she suffered from dementia.
She had an incredible pop music career and recorded "Somewhere In The Night" as a minor hit song for her, before Barry recorded the song that became a major hit for him.
Barry also opened for Helen Reddy in Las Vegas the first time he performed there.
May Helen be remembered for generations to come. Thanks, Marvin
h***@aol.com
2020-10-01 19:06:26 UTC
Post by dcsharon
Per David Wild's tweet, it appears Mac Davis is in need of some positive vibes sent his way (for those that don't know, he's the guy standing next to Clive in the Mandy video)
Say a prayer for #MacDavis, a great singer-songwriter & entertainer who has given us so many memories. He is reportedly critically ill after heart surgery. What a thrill it was to spend some time with Mac just two years ago on this Elvis Tribute special.
https://twitter.com/Wildaboutmusic/status/1310801775830601728?s=20
(DC) Sharon
When I think about Mac Davis, Glen Campbell comes to mind....for two reasons.

One: Glen married Mac's ex-wife Sarah way back before his last wife, Kim. There was quite a scandal surrounding that. They had a son, Dylan (I believe) from that short-lived marriage. Glen ended up having 8 children from 4 different wives. A little personal tidbit: My son is named after Glen's middle name and one of his son's names from his second wife Billie. Anyone want to guess that name?

And two: Glen made a little known movie, after True Grit, that was titled "Norwood". It was a silly movie about a man (Glen) traveling with a woman somewhere (?) and all the mishaps along the way. Joe Namath was also in the movie, along with Kim Darby, who also starred in True Grit with Glen and John Wayne. Anyway, Mac Davis wrote most of the songs in that movie. Two that come to mind were "Down Home" and "I'll Paint You A Song". Both were beauties. Obviously, Glen played his guitar and sang these songs in the movie. I still have the Original Soundtrack LP from this movie. Guess it's time to pull it out and reminisce again.

Chris