O/T Regis Philbin and Barry Manilow
marvin
2020-07-26 13:00:44 UTC
The passing of Regis Philbin yesterday made me recall how often Regis was graceful to Barry in Barry's many appearances on both "Live With Regis and Kathie Lee" and "Live With Regis and Kelly".
In all of Barry's appearances on both shows, Regis always recalled how he and his wife Joy always went to see Barry perform whenever he came to New York.
What made the Barry appearances on "Live" so much fun for the audiences was seeing Barry playfully singing a long medley of his songs, including duets of Barry with Kathie Lee and Barry recalling many anecdotes in his career, particularly when he was a lounge singer.
I remember Regis singing "Can't Smile Without You" and recalling how he does a Barry Manilow medley in his shows at Atlantic City. Upon hearing this, Barry replied "I did not know that you sing Regis, I never heard you sing before on the show. Regis replied "Well, my partner likes to hog the limelight (with the camera pointing to Kathie Lee as the audience laughed).
RIP Regis for all your charm while on television. He was the most affable of all the television hosts. Thanks, Marvin
a***@gmail.com
2020-07-26 23:23:56 UTC
Post by marvin
[...]
And we also Olivia de Havilland this weekend. And 2020 marches on...…

Best,
Annie
Scooter
2020-07-26 23:40:51 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
And we also Olivia de Havilland this weekend. And 2020
marches on...

And John Saxon. One of my teenage heartthrobs.

Scooter
s***@gmail.com
And Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac
a***@gmail.com