Fun Face Masks / PPE
Jackilope
2020-05-16 04:02:38 UTC
A friend sent me the DEVO hat face shield link ... which I thought was a hoot.
https://www.brooklynvegan.com/devo-make-the-covid-19-merch-you-want-energy-dome-face-shields/

Maybe more people would wear masks, etc if they were more fun.

Some thoughts for fun face masks if Team Stiletto were to employ or put creatives to work:

I Can’t Smile Without You ... being at least 6 feet away! (This printed across the mask. Two lines.)

One Voice music sheet printed on fabric — like what Barry has had reproductions of.

Festive tropical print with little cartoon pictures of a Yellow feather in hair of lady ... maybe silhouette style with yellow feather popping out, gaudy ring with a diamond (Rico’s), cartoon Copa Jacket, music notes, etc... whimsical Copa theme. (I’d love to see that fabric in real life used for aprons or shirts, ties, etc. I see it as yellow background and doodles with splashes of pink, blue, dark blue.)

In same style but in dark midnight blue background a jazzier graphic with a Paradise Cafe tiny logos in combo with music notes, saxophone, martini glasses doodles.

For the really rabid, hard core Manilow fan that needs to have Barry’s face on it, his image can be printed on the inside ... so people can have their lips meet his lips image but outwards no one knows. (I think that is kinda out there, but bet it would appeal to some of the base.)

Nose down reprint of one of Barry’s dog’s face ... so someone would be part human, part dog face nose down. (Fang, I still laugh imagining Barry would name a dog Fang.)

Any other ideas?

Jackie
Brenda M
2020-05-24 00:04:03 UTC
Jackie,

While I thought the masks with pictures of Barry’s face were ... well ... hideous, I would have been tempted to buy something that was, maybe, something flashy that wasn’t blatant advertising.

Like, a black rhinestone background with a gold One Voice logo ... or pink rhinestones with that Hilton Manilow Store “M” logo.

Something flashy that would make me happy... but confuse the hell out of other people (which would also make me happy).

Hey, Jackie, you’re an artist. Can you make me some?

Bren
a***@gmail.com
2020-05-27 13:29:02 UTC
Post by Brenda M
Jackie,
While I thought the masks with pictures of Barry’s face were ... well ... hideous, I would have been tempted to buy something that was, maybe, something flashy that wasn’t blatant advertising.
Like, a black rhinestone background with a gold One Voice logo ... or pink rhinestones with that Hilton Manilow Store “M” logo.
Something flashy that would make me happy... but confuse the hell out of other people (which would also make me happy).
Hey, Jackie, you’re an artist. Can you make me some?
Bren
Affixing rhinestones to a face mask makes about as much sense as bedazzling a tampon...….might look good, but impractical to say the least.

The masks sold by Stiletto were made from recycled Tshirts; hence Mr M's pic on some of them. I think it was less of a vanity project than a recycle project.

Which raises the question: if one is willing to wear Mr M's face on one's chest, why is it so heinous to wear on a face mask?
Location is everything? IDK.

(If Stiletto now starts to produce Manilow bedazzled tampons, straight up Imma need to see royalties on that...….)

Annie
h***@aol.com
2020-05-27 18:18:10 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
Post by Brenda M
[...]
Not that I wear them anymore, but...OUCH!

Christine
a***@gmail.com
2020-05-27 20:29:14 UTC
Post by h***@aol.com
Post by a***@gmail.com
Post by Brenda M
[...]
I, too, think there may be R&D problems with this product but I wanted to establish my intellectual property rights...…..

Annie
Brenda M
2020-05-29 12:46:28 UTC
Annie,

I am not willing to wear Barry’s face on my chest, ass, stomach, armpit or any other body part. I think I did wear t-shirts back in my teens and 20s, but as I aged I realized how ridiculous I looked.