OT - DIY 3-D Throw-Away Mask
Scooter
2020-04-30 17:38:55 UTC
I found this instructiional video made by a surgeon on how to
make a 3-D throw-away mask. It's super easy to make, and you
probably have the materials already.

Scooter
a***@gmail.com
2020-04-30 19:32:51 UTC
Post by Scooter
I found this instructiional video made by a surgeon on how to
make a 3-D throw-away mask. It's super easy to make, and you
probably have the materials already.
http://youtu.be/usKgChGqVl0
Scooter
Skippy, you still need a mask?

What - Trump's Lysol solution didn't work?

We treated a patient for chemical burns of the esophagus from drinking Lysol; it didn't work for him either.

Surprising, I know! Because usually the advice from the stable genius is so sound.

Annie
2020-05-01 01:54:53 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
Post by Scooter
I found this instructiional video made by a surgeon on how to
make a 3-D throw-away mask. It's super easy to make, and you
probably have the materials already.
http://youtu.be/usKgChGqVl0
Scooter
Skippy, you still need a mask?
What - Trump's Lysol solution didn't work?
We treated a patient for chemical burns of the esophagus from drinking Lysol; it didn't work for him either.
Surprising, I know! Because usually the advice from the stable genius is so sound.
Annie
Annie...

Scooter's a big girl, and can defend herself quite nicely. HOWEVER.
Okay, yeah, she leans more Republican. And Lord knows she and I have had many a go-round in the past. (Waving hello to Scooter... hope all is well.)

But to insinuate that she's stupid enough to believe that ingesting Lysol will work? Damn. That's even nastier and more unhinged than your obsession with Mr. Kief.
Scooter
2020-05-01 13:14:08 UTC
Post by D
Annie...
Scooter's a big girl, and can defend herself quite nicely.
HOWEVER. Okay, yeah, she leans more Republican. And Lord
knows she and I have had many a go-round in the past.
(Waving hello to Scooter... hope all is well.)
But to insinuate that she's stupid enough to believe that
ingesting Lysol will work? Damn. That's even nastier and
more unhinged than your obsession with Mr. Kief.
Thanks, Dave. Hope all is well with you, too.

Yes, I do lean to the conservative side of politics, and you
and I have had discussions in the past. Sadly some people
can't have those discussions these days. They believe those
of us who voted for Mr. Trump not only are wrong, but must be
virtually destroyed.

Oh well... Everyone will have a chance to make their choice
once more in November. Last time I looked, this is still
America. :-)

Scooter

Brenda M
2020-04-30 20:07:20 UTC
Happily, Scooter, I was finally able to order a box of masks off of Amazon for less than an arm or a leg. They won’t make a fashion statement or make money for an advertiser, but they’ll get me into the Costco. :-)
2020-05-01 01:58:39 UTC
Post by Brenda M
Happily, Scooter, I was finally able to order a box of masks off of Amazon for less than an arm or a leg. They won’t make a fashion statement or make money for an advertiser, but they’ll get me into the Costco. :-)
Brenda...

There's a woman in my area who (along with her daughters) have been making and selling cloth masks using donated fabrics. They have a pocket to insert a HEPA filter. (which I need to find.) Maybe not a perfect solution but good enough for those times when I have to head out for groceries.
Mine is dark red with a thin black paisley pattern. Hey, at least it's not floral. :-)
Brenda M
2020-05-01 02:32:51 UTC
I hate wearing these damn things.

Ugh ...

I know we all have bigger considerations right now, but do you realize we may never see another concert? By the time this social distancing thing is over, Barry might be too old to perform again.

Sigh ... thank God for memories.
Scooter
2020-05-01 13:00:52 UTC
Post by D
There's a woman in my area who (along with her daughters)
have been making and selling cloth masks using donated
fabrics. They have a pocket to insert a HEPA filter. (which
I need to find.) Maybe not a perfect solution but good
enough for those times when I have to head out for
groceries. Mine is dark red with a thin black paisley
pattern. Hey, at least it's not floral. :-)
My niece has a business making lots of mostly baby things,
like hooded towels and such. She decided to shift to making
masks to donate to organizations that needed them. She's got
all sorts of patterns and colors. And her husband is making
some extentions out of a vinyl material to make the ear
elastic adjustable if it's too loose.

I also saw where some health care workers are decorating their
masks with lips, teeth, flowers, etc. Makes the masks less
scary for kids.

Scooter