Law suit - confused!
IreneH
2019-06-20 21:51:06 UTC
https://www.law360.com/cases/5af49de365d41e555a000003/articles

Can someone explain this please. Aren't these the same people? I know there aren't many details.
marvin
2019-06-21 11:45:19 UTC
Can someone explain this please. Aren't these the same people? I know there aren't many details. Irene

Hopefully Q will answer this question for Irene given that he is an attorney. Maybe the film production company claims the copyright to Barry's time in the films and the judge thinks the film company may not own the rights, but I don't really know the answer. Paging Q to answer this question. Marvin
Carmen
2019-06-21 20:04:26 UTC
Marvin—

What you stated isn’t the issue. The issue here is Hastings Clayton & Tucker is a corporate name (might be a law firm) associated with the earlier years of Barry’s career—mostly with merchandising & fan club-related issues (& it’s apparently still around)—& Stiletto/Stiletto TV, of course, is a name associated with the more recent years of Barry’s career. The suit reads as if 1 part of the company is suing another part of the same company, based on that (at least that’s the way it seems to me), which is the confusing part (as in, I presume, can different parts of the same company sue each other in court over something?).
dcsharon
2020-03-08 21:56:18 UTC
This made Yahoo Finance News (go figure!)

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/barry-manilow-darryl-payne-settle-203500192.html?soc_src=community

Suit was settled, and he can still sing that duet in concert.

(DC) Sharon
a***@gmail.com
2020-03-10 01:25:26 UTC
Post by dcsharon
This made Yahoo Finance News (go figure!)
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/barry-manilow-darryl-payne-settle-203500192.html?soc_src=community
Suit was settled, and he can still sing that duet in concert.
(DC) Sharon
This is good news.

Mr M's duet with Judy Garland was a highlight of his show. I very much enjoyed seeing Mr M perform this one. The video of Miss Garland was so effective. And the way he, consciously or unconsciously, mirrored her movements as he sang was kind of a testament to his admiration of Miss Garland.

I know that MDDs is not a fav among many, but to me it was interesting to consider Mr M's selections - a little insight into his personal musical tastes.

I've seen Mr M perform this one once; I'm never satisfied as far as Mr M is concerned and I'd love to see him perform it again.

Stay well everyone,
Annie
Brenda M
2020-03-13 00:16:03 UTC
Sharon,

But just because one can doesn’t mean one should. :-)