OT - The Masked Singer - Mouse
dcsharon
2020-02-21 03:25:29 UTC
Folks are thinking the Mouse is Dionne Warwick (Robin Thicke's guess)

Anyone else watching?

(DC) Sharon
Brenda M
2020-02-21 09:33:01 UTC
No offense, Sharon, but I tried watching that show and just couldn’t get past how incredibly stupid it was.

I mean, this is what we’re reduced to? Watching celebrities dress up in silly-ass costumes so we can guess who they are? Is live singing now so boring we have to turn it into a carnival sideshow for viewers to tune in?

But then who am I to judge? I come home and watch stuff like “Kids Baking Championship”. These days, I’m on so much sensory overload I’d probably watch the Celebrity Bedroom Paint-Drying Channel if there was one.

I just pray Barry never resorts to putting on a big fuzzy costume and prancing around like an idiot on Fox. That would be profoundly depressing.

Bren
Scooter
2020-02-21 14:18:22 UTC
Post by Brenda M
No offense, Sharon, but I tried watching that show and just
couldn’t get past how incredibly stupid it was.
I mean, this is what we’re reduced to? Watching
celebrities dress up in silly-ass costumes so we can guess
who they are? Is live singing now so boring we have to
turn it into a carnival sideshow for viewers to tune in?
That show seems to be more about the over-the-top judges than
the people in the costumes. It's not on my list of shows to
watch.

Scooter
dcsharon
2020-02-21 17:44:58 UTC
I find it harmless fun ... but it drives me nuts when Nick Cannon says 'the Masked Sin-GGGGGer".

But then again, I work in a political cesspool so any escape is a good one these days. I can't watch any news -- it's too depressing.

The judges are a tad wackadoodle, but I have fun trying to guess the contestants. I thought for sure last year's Skeleton was Marty Short (nope, Paul Shaffer - they're both Canadian, so I was close!)

(DC) Sharon
dcsharon
2020-02-28 14:37:35 UTC
So Dionne Warwick was the Mouse (revealed last week). One of her clues was 2 guys playing football with the numbers 19-79 that referenced her #1 selling album, Dionne, produced by Barry Manilow.

(DC) Sharon
g***@gmail.com
2020-03-01 18:35:06 UTC
Is she broke? Why do something like that?
dcsharon
2020-03-05 16:54:44 UTC
Barry's name came up 3 times last night - one of the clues from the Taco was the letters M E highlighted in the word MEnu and Nicole S. guessed him because he had 2 Emmy's. Jenny McCarthy said she "kissed him, like 7 times" (which is true - we saw her kiss him on the Donny and Marie show years ago).

Spoiler alert - it was Tom Bergeron (I guessed him the 1st time he sang).

(DC) Sharon