TV Commercials
Brenda M
2020-08-01 03:07:15 UTC
I think I’ve spent too much time watching TV ... I can’t decide which ads are creepier ... the Progressive “Motaur” commercials or those weird Trolli ads with the dancing candy worms.

Thoughts?
Scooter
2020-08-01 12:33:21 UTC
I think I’ve spent too much time watching TV ... I
can’t decide which ads are creepier ... the Progressive
“Motaur” commercials or those weird Trolli ads with the
dancing candy worms.
Thoughts?
Haven't seen the dancing candy worms (eek!), but the Motaur
creature is nightmarish. Can you imagine the casting call for
that one? I do love the MasterCard commercial with the dogs,
especially the one licking the glass door and the big cuddly one
at the end with the baby. Here's a link:

https://ispot.tv/a/n6MX

I've totally had it with Emu and Doug. And I thought the two
guys on the Sonic commercials were beyond done, but all the
"real folks" replacing them I think are worse.

Scooter
marvin
2020-08-01 14:11:23 UTC
Post by Scooter
I've totally had it with Emu and Doug. And I thought the two
guys on the Sonic commercials were beyond done, but all the
"real folks" replacing them I think are worse.
Scooter
I hare the Doug and Emu ads too and do not think it enhances the reputation of the Liberty Mutual Insurance. By contrast, the commercial with Jake from State Farm calling his client at 3 am in the morning really enhances the reputation of State Farm as having agents working around the clock for the customer.
By the way, after all these years, the commercial still ends with a few bars of "like a good neighbor". Thank you Barry for creating the world's most memorable jingle that is still being used. Regards, Marvin
2020-08-05 02:29:49 UTC
Post by marvin
Post by Scooter
I've totally had it with Emu and Doug. And I thought the two
guys on the Sonic commercials were beyond done, but all the
"real folks" replacing them I think are worse.
Scooter
I hare the Doug and Emu ads too and do not think it enhances the reputation of the Liberty Mutual Insurance. By contrast, the commercial with Jake from State Farm calling his client at 3 am in the morning really enhances the reputation of State Farm as having agents working around the clock for the customer.
By the way, after all these years, the commercial still ends with a few bars of "like a good neighbor". Thank you Barry for creating the world's most memorable jingle that is still being used. Regards, Marvin
But didja notice? They've got a new guy (but the same voice, go figure) playing the role of Jake.
They even had "Jake" as one of several State Farm employees in a different ad for them.

I find the vast majority of insurance ads to be annoying. Geico, Progressive, Liberty Mutual... grrr. State Farm and Allstate are *usually* tolerable and Farmers falls somewhere in between. :-)

They finally seem to have slowed down the Sonic ads around here. Maybe they FINALLY figured that the nearest ones were at least an hour out of DC. There are TWO in what would very generously be called the "greater DC area" and either one would require at least a 45 minute drive from where I am. Only time I've ever had Sonic is on a few trips up to Amish Country in Pennsylvania, and the last one of those was... jeez... over 5 years now.

Haven't seen any dancing gummy worms but there's a series of ads for some kind of sweet/sour candy that are also annoying.

I guess there are a lot of companies who think ANY publicity is good publicity, as long as you remember their product.
Brenda M
2020-08-08 13:30:08 UTC
Sorry, can’t agree on one point...

I love the Mayhem commercials (except for the mother-in-law one ... that’s stupid).

He kills me.

Bren
Brenda M
2020-08-08 13:31:08 UTC
Oh, and any commercial showing a golden retriever driving a car. Love those too.