A Barry Manilow quote
a***@gmail.com
2020-07-28 18:51:34 UTC
so I belong to a bunch of Barry Manilow fan groups on FB. Don't judge me, it's fun. Anyhooooo, here's a quote from Mr M that was posted today. I cannot cite the source, if I had to guess I'd say it's from the autobio "Sweet Life"

Here it is:

"We are all a composite of those events and people that have been in our lives.
I am the sum total of Jeanne's determination, Bette's commitment, Marty's passion, Linda's gentleness, Bruce's integrity, Clive's brilliance, Garry's handsomeness (JOKING! What he actually said was "shrewdness"), Adrienne's taste, Nina's wisdom, Roberta's compassion, Gramma's warmth, my Mother's love, Grampa's sweetness, the support of strangers, and the music that was born within me."

if anyone knows the source, hop in.

Best,

Annie
dcsharon
2020-07-28 19:26:28 UTC
It is the closing (Coda) of his book, right before the "nobody's going to save yourself" comment.

(DC) Sharon
a***@gmail.com
2020-07-28 19:44:16 UTC
Post by dcsharon
It is the closing (Coda) of his book, right before the "nobody's going to save yourself" comment.
(DC) Sharon
Thank you! I knew someone here could cite the source.

Best,
Annie
s***@gmail.com
Annie, if you need a copy of the book, I have a paperback version I could send you. (you can't have my autographed hard copy. :-} )
a***@gmail.com
2020-07-28 19:48:22 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by a***@gmail.com
[...]
oh, thank you so much, but I have a copy of the book somewhere in a bookcase upstairs. Not autographed. I bought a copy on Amazon a few years back. I don't think I ever finished reading it. I know! Worst Fanilow on the planet, right? I'll see myself out...…..

thank you for your offer though!

Best,

Annie