My Dream Duets
a***@gmail.com
2020-10-23 23:12:18 UTC
Just saw on Insta this is the 6th anniversary of MDD's release. Doesn't seem that long ago.

I remember the minor shitstorm that ensued over Mr M singing the Judy Garland duet in his show. I think it eventually all got sorted but I don't recall details.

My sister and I saw him perform "with" Judy Garland and it was awesome.

Anyway, 6 years. Time passes so quickly.

Hope everyone is well and staying safe.

Best,

Annie
2020-10-25 04:32:01 UTC
Just saw on Insta this is the 6th anniversary of MDD's release. Doesn't seem that long ago.
I remember the minor shitstorm that ensued over Mr M singing the Judy Garland duet in his show. I think it eventually all got sorted but I don't recall details.
My sister and I saw him perform "with" Judy Garland and it was awesome.
Anyway, 6 years. Time passes so quickly.
Hope everyone is well and staying safe.
Best,
Annie
Hey there miss Annie...

I hit the pool again on Nov. 1 if you want to start imagining what's going to weigh me down this time, LOL. (Reality, I'll be practicing dive skills WITHOUT the mask.)

Anyway. Being one of those who refer to this particular album as the "Nightmare Singalong," I haven't kept track. I looked up and found some other album anniversaries this year, though.

Tryin to Get the Feeling - 45 years (1975)
Manilow (RCA) - 35 years (1985)
Live on Broadway and Because It's Christmas - 30 years (1990)
marvin
marvin
2020-10-28 03:15:10 UTC
Post by marvin
I do not know if this is an anniversary date, but October ends on Saturday and I have been listening this week to Barry's song "When October Goes". Thanks, Marvin
Marvin...

I suppose it could kinda of, sort of, be an anniversary date depending on how you want to count it.
I used to keep an obsessive file of catalog numbers, release dates, etc... so I went and looked.

Paradise Cafe (the album with "When October Goes" on it) was released in January 1984, so not an anniversary there, BUT...
that same file shows that the first remaster / re-release of the CD was on October 29, 1996. So you're almost exactly dead on! :-)
marvin
2020-10-28 01:09:00 UTC
I do not know if this is an anniversary date, but given that October ends this Saturday, I am playing and enjoying the song "When October Goes" this week. Thanks, Marvin