OT - Some positivity
Scooter
2020-05-20 00:00:15 UTC
I felt so bad for all the seniors in high school who basically
got robbed of their proms and graduations. Happily some big
operations stepped up to help with the graduations.

Texas Motor Speedway hosted graduations with the audience in
their cars watching the enormous big screen (called "Big Hoss)
to see their students receive their diplomas.

https://bit.ly/2WMlgxT

AT&T Stadium is to also host graduations. Pretty cool to have
your graduation where the Dallas Cowboys play football.

https://bit.ly/3cKVaB3

Lastly, a friend my husband plays golf with spent a long time
in the hospital, then went to rehab, and finally beat this
ugly COVID-19. Yesterday he came home, and all the friends in
the neighborhood gathered and formed a parade of about 20 golf
carts. We traveled the few blocks to his home, and he watched
from his porch as we all passed by blowing horns and waving.
Someone put a sign in his yard that said "Jim - 1 / Virus 0".
Such a great, great day!

Stay well, everyone.

Scooter
J***@k12.sd.us
2020-05-20 03:18:30 UTC
Thank you for the visual ideas of graduation in TX, Scooter. In TX they know how to do things big!!!!

This Sunday afternoon is the virtual Graduation for our school district on our local school access channel, pre recorded with speeches, and photos of each of the graduates. I'll get a photo of my shaggy haired son with his cap and gown and his honors cords and send it out to friends/family and post his pic on Facebook. We are still hoping for a cap and gown in person ceremony this summer and they have set two dates also on a football field, though not as grand as the Cowboys' field! Not as I don't know if the kids will all show up for it if it happens or not. I hope so.

In my hometown we used to have a Drive In movie area just out of town. An idea was pitched for school board to have a drive in ceremony at the old site, but it was rejected by the school board. They did reopen the drive in this summer after a few years of it closed as film is now all digital. Perfect thing to do in the summer of social distancing.

Glad to read your husband's friend has survived and beaten COVID 19. What a cool sight that would be with the golf cart parade. :-)

Best wishes for continued safety and health,
Jackie
Jackilope