So, Night Songs II is out...
2020-02-21 01:31:15 UTC
Interesting.

Apparently BarryCo is falling in with the rest of the industry… in the belief that the market for physical media is dead.
“Night Songs II” is out, but if you want it on CD or vinyl, the ONLY place to get it is Manilow.com.
Second Disc is reporting that it will be available through streaming services, but no other physical release has been announced.

I admit I wasn’t too enthused about this one anyway, as I’m not a big fan of the first one.
And after some... shall we say, less than stellar experiences with Manilow.com, I refuse to deal with them.
Maybe I’m ending up NOT getting a Barry CD, for once. Heresy, I know!
Brenda M
2020-02-21 09:15:40 UTC
Not heresy, just honesty.

I’m not buying it because I’m just not that interested in it. I liked the first Night Songs, but not enough to purchase a sequel.

Everything he releases these days is overly engineered, for lack of a better phrase. I miss the raw sincerity of past recordings. Fortunately, for old longtime fans like myself, there’s quite a hefty catalogue to pick from.

You guys can keep your streaming rehashes. I’m content to drag out “This One’s For You” and “One Voice” and fall back in love with the artist who made those collections breathe fire. I love my old CDs! That’s how I’ll always honor Barry’s legacy ... celebrating the gold of yesteryear.

What we have now isn’t gold.
Tired plastic, maybe?

Bren
Blintzy
All the tracks, expect the bonus one, have been uploaded to the Barry Manilow Official YouTube account.
2020-02-22 04:20:14 UTC
All the tracks, expect the bonus one, have been uploaded to the Barry Manilow Official YouTube account.

Which makes them available for as long as BarryCo decides to leave them up... and assumes that one can download from YouTube.

For those who want a physical copy, manilow.com is the only choice currently available.
Which leads me to believe this is another Stiletto release instead of of Verve/Decca/Universal. Nothing wrong with that... just commenting.

Side note: While typing this, my computer's auto-correct tried to change "manilow" to "manilla" in two separate spots. When did I get invaded by the spirit of Bette Midler? LOL
Blintzy
2020-03-02 09:55:39 UTC
Post by Blintzy
All the tracks, expect the bonus one, have been uploaded to the Barry Manilow Official YouTube account.
Which makes them available for as long as BarryCo decides to leave them up... and assumes that one can download from YouTube.
For those who want a physical copy, manilow.com is the only choice currently available.
Which leads me to believe this is another Stiletto release instead of of Verve/Decca/Universal. Nothing wrong with that... just commenting.
Side note: While typing this, my computer's auto-correct tried to change "manilow" to "manilla" in two separate spots. When did I get invaded by the spirit of Bette Midler? LOL
The physical CD is now available on Amazon. It's released on the Stiletto label.

www.amazon.com/Night-Songs-II-Barry-Manilow/dp/B083N4KV3Z/ref=tmm_acd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1583142691&sr=8-1
2020-03-03 02:49:53 UTC
Post by Blintzy
Post by Blintzy
All the tracks, expect the bonus one, have been uploaded to the Barry Manilow Official YouTube account.
Which makes them available for as long as BarryCo decides to leave them up... and assumes that one can download from YouTube.
For those who want a physical copy, manilow.com is the only choice currently available.
Which leads me to believe this is another Stiletto release instead of of Verve/Decca/Universal. Nothing wrong with that... just commenting.
Side note: While typing this, my computer's auto-correct tried to change "manilow" to "manilla" in two separate spots. When did I get invaded by the spirit of Bette Midler? LOL
The physical CD is now available on Amazon. It's released on the Stiletto label.
www.amazon.com/Night-Songs-II-Barry-Manilow/dp/B083N4KV3Z/ref=tmm_acd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1583142691&sr=8-1
Yup... saw that. The Amazon version does NOT include the "bonus track" according to their listing. Thanx for passing on the info so that anyone else interested can see.

Supposedly it debuted at #32 in the Billboard charts.