The Pandemic Anthem
a***@gmail.com
2020-05-21 02:53:40 UTC
Well, I guess you can't have a proper Pandemic without a theme song, and When The Good Times Come Again is charting!

According to Barry Manilow's official FB account, it's on the BBC Radio Playlist. Currently at top of the BBC C List for week 23-29 of May.

I don't know why the BBC Radio has A, B, and C lists - maybe having to do with how often a song is played? IDK. I'm sure someone here will Mansplain (as in 'Manilow-explain') this to me.

I think I saw on FB that WTGTCA is charting in the states too.

So that's noteworthy. And I don't know about you, BBC Radio, but Mr M will always be top of my A List.

Annie
v***@gmail.com
2020-05-21 11:49:00 UTC
You are right Annie. The A list songs are played ad nauseum. The C list not so much. If a record proves popular it gets promoted to the next band. The last time one of Barry's songs was on the play list was Bring on Tomorrow I think.