Barry’s Television Academy Interview
Carmen
2020-09-20 16:05:16 UTC
This has been around for awhile, it was recorded in Palm Springs on January 24th, 2019 (last year ) but I’ve never seen it mentioned here. And if it has been mentioned, sorry for the repeat.

Barry did a (rather lengthy) video interview with the Television Academy (the group which gives out the Emmy Awards). They do them with various people involved in television (they also did 1, among other people, with Kevin Carlisle, who choreographed Barry’s early TV specials & tours), talking about their careers. They’re posted on the Television Academy site & on YouTube (mostly excerpts there).

I don’t think it really covered anything new or groundbreaking, but it’s still worth watching in my opinion. If you watch the uncut version, that lasts 2 hours (but nobody said you had to watch the whole thing at 1 time). The interview is also broken up into shorter clips on various parts of his career, if you’re only interested in what he has to say on certain topics. The link I’m posting is for the full interview; if you click any of the other icons at the bottom, except for ABOUT, those will lead you to the individual clips from the full interview.

https://interviews.televisionacademy.com/interviews/barry-manilow
ampa...@ualr.edu
2020-09-22 14:25:53 UTC
Thank you so much Carmen! I haven't seen this and am looking forward to it. I've seen several others and they are great.

Angela