Barry's upcoming tour to feature four MDD video duets. Will the MDD duets be a highlight or lowlight for you?
marvin
2015-01-02 01:12:58 UTC
Barry announced in his radio interview that he will be performing four of his My Dream Duets with video of the duet partners on his upcoming tour. Although Barry did not say which duets he will be doing, I will be presuming that the four duets Barry performed on the QVC show with Judy, John, Louis and Whitney will be the ones he will do on the show.
Here are my questions for posters:
1) Now knowing that Barry will perform 4 MDD duets, will that add to your enjoyment to the concert or will that take away from your enjoyment?
2) Will Barry doing the four MDD video duets affect your decision to buy tickets to his concert?
3) Do you remain hopeful that now that Barry will be doing four MDD duets that there will be any chance on his one last time tour that he will also add one last time the CSWY duet with one of his fans once more?

One more fact and one more question. Dave Koz will be on the tour, so my question is:
4) Do you hope that Dave will do the "Brooklyn Blues" sax duet with Barry and/or do a six duet with Barry on "Moon River" as they recorded on Dave's CD?

I will start the ball rolling with my response to the questions:

1) I think Barry performing the MDD duets live in concert is a more theatrical experience on video as opposed to the album, so I think doing the MDD duets will add to Barry's concerts. I also hope that Barry uses the Jaycub Howard video of Barry and Judy side by side on for that duet.
I also think doing the MDD duets is good for the marketing effort. John, Judy, Louis and Whitney fans may want to go to Barry's concerts now. Judy was an icon for gay men, so maybe there will be some gay men going to Barry's concerts. It's a smart idea for Barry to include the four MDD video duets for the concert tour.
2) Although Barry won't be coming to Florida, if he was, I would think the MDD duets will be a highlight, so would buy tickets for the concert.
3) I think it would be great style for Barry to end his one last time tour by bringing back the CSWY duets one last time.
4) I love Dave Koz doing both Brooklyn Blues and Moon River with Barry and hope he does those songs with Barry.
Please post your comments. Marvin
Brenda M
2015-01-02 01:35:38 UTC
Marvin,

That's when I plan to take my bathroom break.

Brenda
s***@gmail.com
2015-01-02 01:58:05 UTC
Post by marvin
[...]
I'm just guessing, but I suspect there won't be four duets in each show. That seems like it would be overkill. Perhaps he will rotate which duet he does on any given night. I'm surprised he's even adding that many songs, since in previous tours when he had a new album, audiences were lucky to get one or two songs.

I'm wondering if he will also add in a song or two from "Night Songs".

I'm not sure yet whether or not I'll be going to any of the shows, but it's not a case of staying away because of MDD. I don't know if I'll be able to afford to go...and yes, I know there are usually cheap seats, but my knee will not allow me to climb up to the cheap seats, and at the SAP Center in San Jose, there is no elevator to the top. So...I'd love to go to Las Vegas, but that's pretty spendy as well. We'll see. I certainly would not stay away because of one or two songs, especially since I happen to like the songs.
CA Sharon
bookworm
2015-01-02 03:35:42 UTC
Post by marvin
[...]
First, I won't be going to any of the shows this time as I have other priorities and whether he does these songs or not doesn't affect me at all. I didn't get the CD and have no plans of doing so. Just not my kind of thing. I've spent tons on him over all these years with shows, conventions, hotels, airfare, road trips, tickets, merchandise, etc. so my spending days where he is concerned are over. NOW, I take care of me! :)

I would like to know he is doing some of the oldies but goodies we haven't heard in ages. *That* would be a great show and bring back memories for a lot of people. I'm really tired of him doing those hits all the time. These shows will have more of his fan base at them, not like Vegas where his fans couldn't sustain him there for all that time.

Second, if anyone is interested, the Whitney Houston movie is due to air on Lifetime on January 17th so check your local listings if you are interested. I plan to watch it just out of curiosity. I wonder if it will stick pretty close to her real life - be true to form or not. That woman had everything (except maybe a decent love life) and she threw it all away on drugs. jmho What a voice! JW
dcsharon
2015-01-02 03:51:06 UTC
Post by marvin
1) Now knowing that Barry will perform 4 MDD duets, will that add to your enjoyment to the concert or will that take away from your enjoyment?
Where's the bar? I'll be at that bar (by the harbor) any time one of those songs is being performed. And I will completely toss my popcorn if it's the Whitney Duet with Muffy Hendrix playing the role of ghostly Whitney. Like some of the other posters, I wish some of the moldy oldies would come back.
Post by marvin
2) Will Barry doing the four MDD video duets affect your decision to buy tickets to his concert?
No. But I'm not attending nearly as many as I normally would have. MDD has nothing to do with it, but there's nothing on that CD or Night Songs that I want to hear live (or, live with a dead person). Well, you know what I mean.
Post by marvin
3) Do you remain hopeful that now that Barry will be doing four MDD duets that there will be any chance on his one last time tour that he will also add one last time the CSWY duet with one of his fans once more?
I don't think CSWY will happen. It became a game amongst fans who tried to out-do each other. Some got picked 4 times, some grabbed him in appropriate places. If people had been fair with it, maybe more would have had a chance to sing with him, but a few bad apples ruined it for any number of people. It was a great spot in the show for some spontaneity, and Barry had to be quick on his feet when he got some real nutjobs (aka the Jumper) up there. I just don't think he's up to surprises at this stage of the game and the show is too scripted to allow it.
Post by marvin
4) Do you hope that Dave will do the "Brooklyn Blues" sax duet with Barry and/or do a six duet with Barry on "Moon River" as they recorded on Dave's CD?
I can live without Moon River (they have a CD mix in our cafeteria, and I must hear that song every other day), but Brooklyn Blues is always a favorite. But ... so help me, if that Freaking NYC Rhythm ("Play Gershwin for us, Ron") is still there, I'm throwing popcorn at the stage. Buckets of it.

(DC) Sharon
Kittenmommy
2015-01-02 04:01:31 UTC
Post by dcsharon
I don't think CSWY will happen. It became a game amongst fans who tried to out-do each other. Some got picked 4 times, some grabbed him in appropriate places.
Or inappropriate ones? ;)
Post by dcsharon
It was a great spot in the show for some spontaneity, and Barry had to be quick on his feet when he got some real nutjobs (aka the Jumper) up there.
I sense a story here...
Pies are easier to throw. And they make a bigger mess! ;)
marvin
2015-01-02 04:05:44 UTC

I can't see Barry doing NYCR anymore. Barry is not fast enough to run around the piano anymore and don't think his hips can take that movement. I also can't see Barry doing American Bandstand anymore, certainly the part with him physically picking up the girl in his arms, also not good for his hips. Marvin
d***@yahoo.com
2015-01-02 04:40:38 UTC
He ran around the piano in May to NYCR with no problem, hell he even stood on top of it! Hate when people assume they know whether he can or can't do something! I can't wait to see him prove your wrong Marvin!
d***@yahoo.com
P.S. He hasn't picked up anyone during BB since 1821, where have you been?
s***@gmail.com
2015-01-02 05:08:45 UTC
Post by d***@yahoo.com
P.S. He hasn't picked up anyone during BB since 1821, where have you been?
1821? :-O
CA Sharon
d***@yahoo.com
2015-01-02 05:10:23 UTC
Just using Barry's words to try to make a joke. Sorry it wasn't funny!
marvin
2015-01-02 13:13:04 UTC

Yes I forgot 1821- wasn't that the year Barry met Chopin and got his permission to use his prelude for Could It Be Magic? Marvin
Blintzy
No, it wasn't! Chopin was 11 years old in 1821 and didn't publish his preludes until 1835.
marvin
2015-01-02 13:10:59 UTC

I hope Barry proves me wrong too. I hope he is in good physical shape, because the demands of the kind of concerts that Barry does requires a lot of energy and much more movement than some older artists do sitting in a chair, so I give Barry a lot of credit for having much agility at his age. Marvin
Brenda M
2015-01-02 10:41:33 UTC
Sharon,

Save a bucket for me!

I don't know where I'll be sitting in Cleveland ... and I do throw like a girl ... so there might be some unhappy folks sitting up front picking popcorn out of their hair. J/K!

I sure hope that NYCR piano nightmare is gone too. Not just because I'm sick of it, but because it makes Barry look frail and old compared to the younger and more limber runners.

Besides, he doesn't need to tire himself trying to move around so much. Maybe he wouldn't be so cranky if his hips weren't bothering him, poor guy. :-(

Brenda
marvin
2015-01-02 13:26:27 UTC
1) Now knowing that Barry will perform 4 MDD duets, will that add to your enjoyment to the concert or will that take away from your enjoyment?

Where's the bar? I'll be at that bar (by the harbor) any time one of those songs is being performed. And I will completely toss my popcorn if it's the Whitney Duet with Muffy Hendrix playing the role of ghostly Whitney.

I think if Barry does all four MDD duets in each concert, he may get some reviewers that will write the following headlines in their articles:

MANILOW BRINGS TO LIFE DEAD ARTISTS ONE LAST TIME
MANILOW OVERKILLS CONCERTS WITH DEAD ARTIST PARTNERS
MANILOW RECREATES SPIRIT OF WHITNEY ONE LAST TIME
MANILOW COMBINES CONCERT WITH SEANCE WITH VIDEO GHOSTS OF DEAD ARTISTS

I hope the reviewers won't be doing these type of headlines, but it might happen. Marvin
Brenda M
2015-01-02 13:45:37 UTC
Well, Marvin, for Barry's sake, I hope the headlines are much more positive:

Barry Brings Back Beloved Icons

Manilow Mixes Greatest Hits With Dynamic Duets

Manilow's Magic Resurrects Legendary Souls and Songs

Brenda
marvin
2015-01-02 14:13:31 UTC
Well, Marvin, for Barry's sake, I hope the headlines are much more positive:

Barry Brings Back Beloved Icons

Manilow Mixes Greatest Hits With Dynamic Duets

Manilow's Magic Resurrects Legendary Souls and Songs
Brenda

I hope so too Brenda, but I am in the media and everyone likes to use headlines that grab your attention and the negative ones grab your attention more than the positive ones.
Barry is really setting himself up for some negative criticism if he performs the Whitney duet in the same manner that he did on the TV shows, especially if he says "sing it Whitney" on the stage. It is going to be very difficult for any writer,let alone audience members,to ignore. Marvin
Brenda M
2015-01-02 15:17:54 UTC
Well, Marvin,

Let's not assume the worst.

Just because some of us don't care for this CD, it might come across more tastefully in a live performance, and perhaps the audiences and reviewers will embrace it.

The one thing I think we can both agree on is that nobody can shine a turd (to use my sister's favorite expression) better than Barry. Performance-wise, Barry's a genius. If life hands him a pile of shit, you can just bet he's gonna find that pony somehow, some way.

So ... we'll see.

Brenda

P.S. I do pray, pray, pray that if he's gonna sing with Whitney, he needs to sing with a video clip of the REAL Whitney. Putting a black woman in to lip-synch to Whitney's voice is gonna get him tarred and feathered. We all know how badly that experiment bombed on national TV.
dcsharon
2015-01-02 15:21:51 UTC
He might be able to use the "banter" if he did it as a "flashback" segment.

If he prefaced it with something like, "If we were to sing together, I'd imagine it would go something like this" might alleviate the creepiness of the "banter" factor.

Don't get me wrong. I still don't like the concept and will be heading to the bar for those songs (as I suspect many others will as well.) I've been at shows in the back and as soon as an artist says, "new material", folks are out the door to find snacks.

But that might be a way to make it a bit more realistic for the audience.

(DC) Sharon
Brenda M
2015-01-02 15:26:02 UTC
Sharon,

I don't see how else he could do it.

But instead of the word "imagine" you know he's gotta use the word "dream". You always have to tie it in with the product you're selling. :-)

Brenda
marvin
2015-01-02 03:57:01 UTC

Thank you for noting about the Whitney movie JW. I look forward to seeing it and it will be interesting to see how the film reveals how her life went downhill after she got married. The early part of her life in which Clive Davis works with her should be interesting too. I am curious who will play Whitney and who will play Clive Davis in the move. Marvin
Kittenmommy
2015-01-02 04:02:19 UTC
Bobby Brown ruined her. It's just so sickening.
bookworm
2015-01-02 16:31:17 UTC
No, KM.....she ruined herself! The saying is: Just say no. How she ever got mixed up with Bobby Brown I'll never know. What a loser! I know it's hard when everyone wants a piece of you and the grueling schedules but you have to be strong enough to stay away from all that nonsense. Look how many have already died from drugs in the entertainment industry. THAT is sickening! JW
Kittenmommy
2015-01-02 22:26:36 UTC
Post by bookworm
Post by Kittenmommy
Bobby Brown ruined her. It's just so sickening.
No, KM.....she ruined herself! The saying is: Just say no.
You're right. But she definitely had help. If she hadn't hooked up with BB, who knows? She might not have gotten into drugs and she might still be alive today.
Post by bookworm
How she ever got mixed up with Bobby Brown I'll never know. What a loser!
He is such a scumbag, I can't even.
It is. And I suppose everyone thinks that *they'll* be strong enough not to become addicted. But guess what?
bookworm
2015-01-02 16:50:59 UTC
We don't know what the movie will reveal, Marvin. They may not want to delve into the dark side of her life at all. Angela Bassett was mentioned in the teaser but it didn't say whether she will be playing Whitney or not.......maybe Whitney's mother? Who knows? I wasn't really paying attention when the teaser aired. Her family had to approve this whole thing so it's up to them what they want to show in this movie. Just another way to bring more $$$ into her estate. That women should have been back in rehab and made to stay there no mater how long it took. What a waste! JW
Blintzy
Barry has said people come to his shows to hear the hits so I'm surprised he would put these in the show. Singing duets this way means he will have less work - which is maybe what he's looking to do now in his shows.
Brenda M
2015-01-02 16:01:34 UTC
I would imagine Verve would be pretty pissed if he didn't include a few of these duets in this show.

After all, isn't that why he's touring? To promote this CD?

Brenda
b***@comcast.net
2015-01-02 23:22:52 UTC
Obviously I can only answer for myself, but here goes...

1 & 2. Concert prices for ANYBODY are beyond my budget these days. I can afford nosebleed seats at best, so right there, I wasn't planning on going. Knowing that Barry's planning on adding some of the Nightmare Duets videos, even more incentive to stay home. As for Judy being a gay icon... maybe for men of Barry's age. My age would probably lean more towards Streisand... and the younger guys very likely don't know either of them. A couple of years ago, I had a 25-year-old ask me "Who's Cher?" (Really?)

3. As a guy, there was never any chance of getting picked for CSWY, so it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I do agree with Sharon that there are some people out there who ruined it for everyone else. (Which brings me back to the argument of "Fanilow vs. Fanilooney... Is There a Difference?" but I'll behave for now.)

4. See above... I won't be there anyway. Doesn't matter. But since this will probably get released as yet another "live" CD it would be nice to see one of them officially released.
Brenda M
2015-01-02 23:42:18 UTC
Regarding "Can't Smile" ...

Just a theory, but I don't think he gave it up because of the repeaters.

I think he just doesn't want fans that close to him anymore ( and I highly doubt he could still jump up on the piano).

Brenda
d***@yahoo.com
He did it in May when he sang Sweet Heaven in Wembley. Saw it with my own eyes!
Kittenmommy
2015-01-03 03:42:32 UTC
WHAT.
marvin
2015-01-03 03:51:06 UTC
That's OK. I have a lot of friends who are my age 63 that ask me who is Beiber and what do the kids see in him? Marvin
k***@gmail.com
2015-01-03 04:05:26 UTC
I just want the tickets for the NY and NJ SHOWS to go on sale....

And if Barry doesn't perform one of these duets with the life sized hologram I'll be severely disappointed. ;-)

-Kristen
Suzan
2015-01-03 04:45:18 UTC
Kristen, are you a member of the fan club? Tickets are still available for both NY shows (Long Island in March, Brooklyn in June) and Newark.
Suzan
2015-01-03 05:01:55 UTC
Post by marvin
1) Now knowing that Barry will perform 4 MDD duets, will that add to your enjoyment to the concert or will that take away from your enjoyment?
1. I figured he'd do some of these to promote the new CD, and unlike many on this board, I don't have a problem with the concept. I'm looking forward to hearing him perform them in person. Since I've been to many, many shows over the past decades, I enjoy seeing him do things I haven't seen before.
Post by marvin
2) Will Barry doing the four MDD video duets affect your decision to buy tickets to his concert?
Not directly--I love seeing Barry perform live, and I would have purchased a ticket anyway.
Post by marvin
3) Do you remain hopeful that now that Barry will be doing four MDD duets that there will be any chance on his one last time tour that he will also add one last time the CSWY duet with one of his fans once more?
The current sing-along version of CSWY is fun, but I think the duet was more exciting for the audience. I'd like to see it make a comeback. I wouldn't be surprised if he did it on his birthday.

Repeaters were a pain, but I don't think anyone "ruined" it; Barry continued doing it long after he knew there were repeaters. After 20+ years of duets, I figure he was just ready to try something different with the song.
Post by marvin
4) Do you hope that Dave will do the "Brooklyn Blues" sax duet with Barry and/or do a six duet with Barry on "Moon River" as they recorded on Dave's CD?
I've seen Barry perform w/ Dave about half a dozen times. The interaction between them is wonderful, so I hope Dave performs WITH Barry and not just opens the show.

The Moon River song is great, but it's a slower ballad. Brooklyn Blues is more upbeat and allows Dave (and other band members) to be featured, so I'd prefer that one.

Even better, how about bringing back some of the wonderful Mayflower songs that featured a heavy sax line? Wouldn't it be fun to hear "I hear her playing music", and really hear Dave Koz?! (Yeah, I know, it probably will never happen, but it's fun to imagine!)
Brenda M
2015-01-03 11:25:38 UTC
Suzan,

As much as I'd love to hear songs from Mayflower and 15 Minutes, I doubt we'd hear much from either. The audience wants to hear his hits, and his current label would want him to promote MDD.

Just my opinion, of course.

Brenda

P.S. Of course, when he goes to the U.K., you can throw all that out the window.
marvin
2015-01-03 13:13:40 UTC
I agree with Brenda and because Barry has Dave Koz as a 30 minute opening act, then it would be likely that Barry's show would only be roughly 60 minutes. Given that Barry would perform at least 15 of his hit songs, and Copacabana and Mandy/Could It Be Magic video of Barry singing with the Barry of 1974 usually are longer, choreographed songs that take at least seven minutes each to do, there may not be time for many if any album cuts.
Factor in that Barry may do as many as four MDD duets, then it cuts down the opportunity of album cuts being done. Maybe if Barry discards the NYCR song which takes up much time, there is a chance for an album cut. Marvin
Suzan
2015-01-03 16:58:02 UTC
I don't think Barry would do only 60 minutes. I expect Dave would play for about 20 minutes, 15 min. intermission, then Barry would do his regular 90-ish minute show.
marvin
2015-01-03 19:23:46 UTC
I don't think Barry would do only 60 minutes. I expect Dave would play for about 20 minutes, 15 min. intermission, then Barry would do his regular 90-ish minute show. Suzan
I hope you are right Suzan but do remember in the past that some fans posted that Barry performed for only 60-70 minutes on other shows that had an opening act. Marvin
Brenda M
2015-01-04 10:21:59 UTC
Suzan,

When was the last time Manilow put on a 90-minute show? At least here in the U.S.? The ones I've been to in the last few years have run 70-80 minutes.

Brenda
Maria Mikol
2015-01-04 13:55:01 UTC
Brenda- perhaps Suzan is counting intermission? I am thinking 75 min tops. I'll take more, of course.

Maria
--
This e-mail and any files or data transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual named above. If you have
information is prohibited.
Brenda M
2015-01-04 15:12:14 UTC
Maria,

Uh, when was the last time he had an intermission?

(My bladder really misses those.)

Brenda
dcsharon
2015-01-04 16:28:57 UTC
My friends were very surprised when he played Rochester (NY) the last time. The show started at 7:30 and they were back to their cars (about a block away), they said, a few minutes after 9. They were totally expecting a late night and the show to go to 10, if not 11. So much for a late-night girls night out! My friend mentioned her husband was surprised to see her home so early!

Of course, I wasn't there, so I'm relaying second hand, but that sounds about right on the time frame for the shows that started at 7:30. I don't believe he had an opening act, or it may have gone until 10.

I suspect the food and drink vendors (as well as the merchandise sellers) miss the intermission as well.

(DC) Sharon
q***@gmail.com
2015-01-04 18:38:44 UTC
I had the same experience last time I went to see Kenny Rogers. I don't think the show even went 60 minutes. :-(
marvin
2015-01-04 14:28:50 UTC
When was the last time Manilow put on a 90-minute show? At least here in the U.S.? The ones I've been to in the last few years have run 70-80 minutes.
Brenda

Brenda is right. I remember when Barry was in Ft. Lauderdale on his last Florida tour, reviewers pointed out that the show started at 8:35 and ended at 10:15 counting the opening act.
So, the bottom line for a shorter show is mostly hits, one or more MDD songs and at best two album cuts if that.
I wish there was a way that Barry could do less hits and more album cuts. It has been awhile, but when Barry did the Live On Broadway CD/DVD, he did a medley of hits called "Gonzo Hits Medley" in which he did all of his hits in a medley that took only 30 minutes. If he did a Gonzo Hits Medley again, this would free up 30 minutes to do plenty of album cuts. I hope that Barry would consider doing the concerts with the Gonzo Hits Medley format again, given that his concerts are now shorter than they were in the long ago past. Marvin
dcsharon
2015-01-04 14:46:13 UTC
Marvin ... He can't do the hits medley again. The bulk of people buying these tickets are the people who want to hear the hits, and nothing but the hits.
we are the minority who want album cuts.

(DC) Sharon
Suzan
2015-01-03 17:09:21 UTC
Post by Brenda M
As much as I'd love to hear songs from Mayflower and 15 Minutes, I doubt we'd hear much from either. The audience wants to hear his hits
P.S. Of course, when he goes to the U.K., you can throw all that out the window.
Agreed. I also expect to hear only Greatest Hits and MDD.

However, he's playing Long Island in late March, then Brooklyn for his birthday. The two cities are only about 30 miles apart. So maybe he'll decide that the Brooklyn birthday show is for the fans and leave the hits to the Uniondale show?

Also, please correct me, but isn't NYCR really an album cut? I don't recall it ever being a hit on the radio. I expect he'll keep it in the line-up, since it's a big, upbeat production number that helps keep the show from being too ballad-heavy. It lets him show off some of the band members, and more importantly, it's a great segue-way for the autobiographical part of the show.
Sheila
2015-01-03 19:18:50 UTC
Barry didn't do NYCR at all in the UK last May. He did 'That's Why They Call Her Sugar' as a replacement. It was nice to hear although some non-fans got restless as it was an extended version.
Personally, I'd love all the album cuts he can do! The excitement when he did 'The One that got Away' was enormous, there were a lot of fans hugging and arm grabbing each other. I would love him to keep it in.

Sheila
Suzan
2015-01-03 20:51:00 UTC
I would absolutely love to hear these songs again; I haven't heard them performed live since the 80's. Sugar, in particular, is upbeat and fun. I can't imagine anyone not enjoying it.

However, I don't believe he's likely to include Sugar or TOTGA in most USA shows; he seems (mistakenly) convinced that American audiences don't want to hear these songs. But my fingers are crossed for the Brooklyn show anyway...
Brenda M
2015-01-03 21:09:52 UTC
Yes,

NYCR is an album cut.

I used to like it.

Brenda
Maria Mikol

information is prohibited.
Kittenmommy
2015-01-04 00:19:31 UTC
Wait. What happened to Stiletto?
Brenda M
2015-01-04 00:32:00 UTC
KM,

He's still under Stiletto's management.

I was referring to Verve, the label on his last CD.

Brenda
Kittenmommy
2015-01-04 03:07:07 UTC
I thought Stiletto was a label. My bad!
marvin
2015-01-04 14:18:19 UTC
I thought Stiletto was a label. My bad!
KM, Stiletto entertainment is a management company headed by Garry Kief that manages artists with Barry Manilow being the most prominent name. The company also manages Lorna Luft and hires entertainment for cruise ships.
When Barry left Arista, he and/or Garry used the Stiletto Entertainment name as the company that made 15 Minutes and Night Songs. However, Stiletto is not a record label in the traditional sense that it signs a lot of artists to a record contract as Arista< Concord or Columbia records does.
For My dream Duets, Barry decided to work with Verve Records instead of the Stiletto company. Why the change we don't know. Maybe Stiletto felt that they did not want to get involved with the complications of having a record company business. Marvin
Kittenmommy
2015-01-05 00:03:32 UTC
Post by Kittenmommy
I thought Stiletto was a label. My bad!
KM, Stiletto entertainment is a management company headed by Garry Kief that manages artists with Barry Manilow being the most prominent name. The company also manages Lorna Luft and hires entertainment for cruise ships.
OK.
Post by Kittenmommy
When Barry left Arista, he and/or Garry used the Stiletto Entertainment name as the company that made 15 Minutes and Night Songs.
Yep! Just pulled out my "15 Minutes" CD. And my "Night Songs" CD. They both say "Stiletto", which is why I thought it was a record company.
Post by Kittenmommy
However, Stiletto is not a record label in the traditional sense that it signs a lot of artists to a record contract as Arista< Concord or Columbia records does.
Ah. I see. Thanks!
Could be. I can imagine it would be a nightmare!
Brenda M
2015-01-05 00:09:43 UTC
Well, JMHO, I think that having their own label was more than they could handle. We paid for those Night Song CDs months before we received them.

Brenda
Kittenmommy
2015-01-05 00:11:13 UTC
Yikes! Yeah, it might have been just too much for them. Wow.
Chews Crayons (Deb)
2015-01-06 00:37:06 UTC
Post by marvin
4) I love Dave Koz doing both Brooklyn Blues and Moon River with Barry and hope he does those songs with Barry.
^ That one.. but only because I don't go to concerts, travel or.. actually have much of a life.

Deb.