MTV (Manilow T.V.): A parody! THIS IS FOR YOU, BRENDA!!
rubyslippers
2005-01-26 02:38:27 UTC
T.V. GUIDE LISTINGS for Manilow T.V.that we'd like to see:(check local
listings for daily shows)

DISCALAIMER: THIS is a PARODY, in the vein of Nat'l Lampoon, MAD, and SNL!
To TPTB, GET A GRIP, and START LAUGHING AT LIFE!!!

mon.-fri: Game Show network-(game show:)"The NEW to Tell the Truth:"
panelists try to guess the indentity of the mysterious "Shadowman."

mon-fri: Soap network- (soap:)"Musicals and Passions" LAST week: Barry
dumps his long suffering fans of thirty years in favor of giggling
belly-button girls. THIS WEEK: Barry opens up his new Vegas show to the
sounds of crickets, and wonders why. NEXT week: Will Barry FINALLY get to
open his "new" musical with out the eveil "producerman" stealing it away
in a copyright takeover attempt?

Monday: 8:00 p.m.- NBC (reality show:)-"Fan Fear Factor:" Celebrity Barry
Manilow attepts stunts to win the ultimate prize-PRIVACY!; stunts: running
a gauntlet of crazed fans, dodging papparrazi and tabloid reporters-with
only his Jockey's on, and eating something bigger than a Twinkie.

mon-fri: VH-1-time:forever and ever! (music:)"Greatest Hits
Marathon"-Barry Manilow: Hear all of Barry Manilow's greatest hits-from
"the white album," to the bootleg edition of "Love Lost and Found."

Sunday: 8:00 p.m.-ABC (reality show:) "Extreme Makeover:" Celebrity
edition: In this week's show, singer Barry Manilow is treated to an
extreme makeover to treat the damage brought on by years of severe
tanning, makeup and hair-dye abuse.

"Three Men and a Fanclub"-TBS-(movie:) starring Barry Manilow, Garry Gief,
and Marc Hulett. Three bachelor's try to figure out how to run an
International fanclub without trying to drive the fans-and each
other-crazy!

Monday: (:00 p.m.-CBS (drama:) Josh Dumel,James Caan. Special guests:
Barry Manilow and Kathy Bates as "Mrs. Manilow."- The gang try to thwart a
plan by "Fanilow" Kathy Bates to kidnap him in the middle of his CSWY
routine on the debut of his new Vegas strip show.

ENJOY!
R.K.
Wachit
2005-01-26 03:03:44 UTC
DISCALAIMER: THIS is a PARODY, in the vein of Nat'l Lampoon, MAD, and SNL!
To TPTB, GET A GRIP, and START LAUGHING AT LIFE!!!

mon.-fri: Game Show network-(game show:)"The NEW to Tell the Truth:"
panelists try to guess the indentity of the mysterious "Shadowman."
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
This was really funny R.K. Thanks for making me laugh at the end of a day
when I was fuming over the "let's blame the fans again" e-mail from GK.

Susan
crystaline
2005-01-26 04:28:45 UTC
Unfortunately I didn't think this was the least bit funny but then I also
don't feel the need to get bent out of shape over every thing the BMIFC
does or doesn't do that seems to piss off everybody else. I'm also not in
the habit of nitpicking everything about Barry from his skin tone on a
daytime talk show which is hardly of earth shattering importance, to his
hair color which is after all his choice and again doesn't affect me at
all. I'm sure just about everyone else on here will find you quite amusing
though.

Crystal
Brenda
2005-01-26 08:48:49 UTC
Post by crystaline
Unfortunately I didn't think this was the least bit funny but then I also
don't feel the need to get bent out of shape over every thing the BMIFC
does or doesn't do that seems to piss off everybody else. I'm also not in
the habit of nitpicking everything about Barry from his skin tone on a
daytime talk show which is hardly of earth shattering importance, to his
hair color which is after all his choice and again doesn't affect me at
all. I'm sure just about everyone else on here will find you quite amusing
though.
Crystal
Yet you do feel the need to try - at great length - to turn Barry into
this heterosexual ideal you have living in your mind. I have seen you
argue the point to an extreme that's exhausting to read.

Everyone's sense of humor is not everyone's cup of tea. That's cool.

But there's no need to feel superior to anyone else here on the ng. We
all have our demons. And I, for the record, prefer mine to yours.
Cheers,

Brenda
crystaline
2005-01-26 14:29:24 UTC
Yet you do feel the need to try - at great length - to turn Barry into
this heterosexual ideal you have living in your mind. I have seen you
argue the point to an extreme that's exhausting to read.
I don't have to turn Barry into anything Dr. Freud
but since you brought it up, were you convinced he's gay before he picked
you for Can't Smile or was it after Marc humiliated you on the Bnet?
Personaly, I think you would rather believe he is so no woman would have a
chance with him than just you.
Everyone's sense of humor is not everyone's cup of tea. That's cool.

But there's no need to feel superior to anyone else here on the ng. We
all have our demons. And I, for the record, prefer mine to yours.
I stated my opinion of what Ruby or whatever her/his/its name is wrote and
if you get the impression I feel superior to anyone on here then I can't
help that. Maybe it's because having been on the receiving end of so many
hurtful comments about myself when I was younger, I despise bullying
tactics used on others and when a person is constantly criticized and made
fun of without being able to fight back that makes the people doing it
bullies.

Yet if Barry were to post his reaction to what's been said about him on
here in the last week you wouldn't believe it was him, or your reaction
would be,"How dare he tell us what he thinks of us! He's a celebrity he
needs to grow a thicker skin and ignore it." Well guess what people? Barry
is a human being like the rest of us and he has feelings just like us so
if he ever did decide to blast back at some of the people on here I'd be
the first to cheer him on.

As to my demons Brenda, I don't have any myself;therapy is a wonderful
thing and you might want to try it unless you prefer to hang onto whatever
it is that makes you as Marc said, "A miserable excuse for a human
being."

Crystal
Brenda
2005-01-26 15:16:17 UTC
Post by Brenda
Yet you do feel the need to try - at great length - to turn Barry into
this heterosexual ideal you have living in your mind. I have seen you
argue the point to an extreme that's exhausting to read.
I don't have to turn Barry into anything Dr. Freud
but since you brought it up, were you convinced he's gay before he picked
you for Can't Smile or was it after Marc humiliated you on the Bnet?
I'm not "convinced" of anything. I have an opinion that, given what
little we've been able to find out over the years, he's likely gay. If
I were in Vegas and HAD to put my bet down, that's where it would go.
But I am open-minded enough to consider anything new on the subject
that comes my way.

But you? You won't even consider the possibility that he could be gay
or bisexual. In fact, I remember being invited to a chat you and your
friends were having ... you were discussing his sexuality at length.
When I so much as mentioned the possibility that he could be gay, you
suddenly and without warning evicted me from your group. You were THAT
threatened by my even mentioning it!

Since that time I have watched you battle anyone and everyone who DARES
to suggest he might not be heterosexual.

And, by the way ... Marc humiliating me on the BNet? What in the hell
are you even talking about?

****
Post by Brenda
Personaly, I think you would rather believe he is so no woman would have a
chance with him than just you.
****
That's about the strangest thing I've ever heard you say. No offense
to Barry, but if he were really this 61-year-old Prince Charming still
looking for that Cinderella of his dreams, I wouldn't be auditioning
for the role. I sincerely pity the person he has to live with. I'm
sure Barry is a wonderful man, but his eternal focus on his career must
be stressful for his significant other. Man or woman, that would have
to be a tough job. I know I wouldn't want to apply for it. He's too
selfish and so am I.
****
Post by Brenda
all have our demons. And I, for the record, prefer mine to yours.
I stated my opinion of what Ruby or whatever her/his/its name is wrote and
if you get the impression I feel superior to anyone on here then I can't
help that. Maybe it's because having been on the receiving end of so many
hurtful comments about myself when I was younger, I despise bullying
tactics used on others and when a person is constantly criticized and made
fun of without being able to fight back that makes the people doing it
bullies.
I didn't say you shouldn't state your opinion, Crystal. But go back
and read your post - it was condescending toward the entire newsgroup
when you said, "everyone else on here will probably like it" ... this
after you went on at length trashing topics that have recently appeared
here. So you didn't like Ruby's article - if you had to say you didn't
like it, couldn't you have found a nicer way to say it? You had no
regard for his/her feelings, but then you have the nerve to call some
people bullies? Do you see the hypocrisy?

***
Post by Brenda
would be,"How dare he tell us what he thinks of us! He's a celebrity he
needs to grow a thicker skin and ignore it." Well guess what people? Barry
is a human being like the rest of us and he has feelings just like us so
if he ever did decide to blast back at some of the people on here I'd be
the first to cheer him on.
Yes, Barry has feelings. So do we. What goes around comes around.
This ng is a place where we can talk freely about ALL of our
experiences, and some aren't pretty. If he can't handle the honesty,
maybe he should stop reading. Same goes for you.

***
Post by Brenda
thing and you might want to try it unless you prefer to hang onto whatever
it is that makes you as Marc said, "A miserable excuse for a human
being."
Crystal
You have no demons? Well, given the poison I've read in some of your
posts, I'd beg to differ. But you keep thinking it if it lets you sleep
at night. As for what Marc said ... he can think what we wants. He
doesn't define who I am. Nor does Barry Manilow, Garry Kief, Patricia
Butler or you. And I know I'm not perfect. But I'm far from
miserable. I'll continue to try to make people laugh. I hope you can
bring something equally positive to this ng instead of always finding
fault with what we say. Maybe you'd be happier on the Barrynet.
Brenda
crystaline
2005-01-26 16:07:57 UTC
didn't say you shouldn't state your opinion, Crystal. But go back
and read your post - it was condescending toward the entire newsgroup
when you said, "everyone else on here will probably like it" ... this
after you went on at length trashing topics that have recently appeared
here. So you didn't like Ruby's article - if you had to say you didn't
like it, couldn't you have found a nicer way to say it? You had no
regard for his/her feelings, but then you have the nerve to call some
people bullies? Do you see the hypocrisy?
All I said was that I didn't find it funny; I didn't insult her
personally and I didn't trash any of the topics that have been up for
discussion here lately that's your interpretation of what I wrote. As to
being condescending by saying everyone else on here would probably find it
amusing, so far I'm the only one who didn't find it funny so I guess I've
been proven right. I was basing my opinion on the general tone of this
group and nothing more. If Ruby has an issue with me she's perfectly
capable of defending herself.
You have no demons? Well, given the poison I've read in some of your
posts, I'd beg to differ. But you keep thinking it if it lets you sleep
at night. As for what Marc said ... he can think what we wants. He
doesn't define who I am. Nor does Barry Manilow, Garry Kief, Patricia
Butler or you. And I know I'm not perfect. But I'm far from
miserable. I'll continue to try to make people laugh. I hope you can
bring something equally positive to this ng instead of always finding
fault with what we say. Maybe you'd be happier on the Barrynet.
I generally try to keep my thoughts and opinions about some of the things
written about Barry to myself but last night was just the final straw for
me;sorry if it bothers you that I don't blindly follow you in your
constant belittling of the man.

If Garry, Marc, Barry and Butler don't define who you are then why do you
get so bent out of shape when you get your hand slapped by Garry in a
private email or Barry in the Barrygram? You could have just shrugged his
response to you off with an "Oh well." and gone on but you whined
obsessively over it for weeks after it happened.

As for the Bnet, there's only so much of the countdowns to Vegas,
questions about whether it's July yet, and declarations that Barry is a
gift to us from God that I can stomach. Let's not even mention the Sex god
nonsense;if it were said tongue in cheek I could handle it but the women
who say it actually believe it and while I may find him attractive he's
not a god of anything much less sex.
Yes, Barry has feelings. So do we. What goes around comes around.
This ng is a place where we can talk freely about ALL of our
experiences, and some aren't pretty. If he can't handle the honesty,
maybe he should stop reading. Same goes for you.
You know there's two
sides to every story Brenda; your's, Barry's, and the truth that's
somewhere in the middle. I'm not going to stop reading or posting when the
mood strikes me; if I agree with someone I'll say it and if I don't I'll
do the same and if they can't handle it, oh well.
I'm
sure Barry is a wonderful man, but his eternal focus on his career must
be stressful for his significant other. Man or woman, that would have
to be a tough job. I know I wouldn't want to apply for it. He's too
selfish and so am I.
When you no longer record or release the music that Top 40 radio wants to
play, then I guess you have to find other ways to keep your fans happy and
your career going so what choice did he have except to run himself ragged
for the last twenty years? He's performed with bronchitis, headaches,
nasty colds, flu, and even a fractured arm. He's sacrificed a good part of
his adult life for his career and his fans. Although I'm sure you'll
disagree with me and you have a right to your opinion, I would hardly call
him selfish. As to you calling yourself selfish, you'll get no arguments
from me.

Crystal
Brenda
2005-01-26 16:31:15 UTC
Post by crystaline
I generally try to keep my thoughts and opinions about some of the things
written about Barry to myself but last night was just the final straw for
me;sorry if it bothers you that I don't blindly follow you in your
constant belittling of the man.
That is total bullshit. Anyone who's been reading this ng knows I've
praised this man to the heavens. You're seeing the glass as half-empty
... but I guess people like you generally do. I've said both positive
and negative things about this man and will continue to do so.
Post by crystaline
If Garry, Marc, Barry and Butler don't define who you are then why do you
get so bent out of shape when you get your hand slapped by Garry in a
private email or Barry in the Barrygram?
Because "slapping the hand" of any fan (aka: CUSTOMER) is both
inappropriate and unprofessional and they should be made to answer for
this type of behavior. It has nothing to do with their ability or
inability to "define" me.

Post by crystaline
response to you off with an "Oh well." and gone on but you whined
obsessively over it for weeks after it happened.
Not as often as you've whined obsessively about Barry's secret wife or
your tired arguments re: his not being gay.
Post by crystaline
You know there's two
sides to every story Brenda; your's, Barry's, and the truth that's
somewhere in the middle. I'm not going to stop reading or posting when the
mood strikes me; if I agree with someone I'll say it and if I don't I'll
do the same and if they can't handle it, oh well.
I don't want you to stop posting .... but remember that if you don't
like what someone else has to say, someone may come forward to tell you
they don't like what YOU have to say. If you can handle that, so can
I.

Brenda
crystaline
2005-01-26 16:56:00 UTC
don't want you to stop posting .... but remember that if you don't
like what someone else has to say, someone may come forward to tell you
they don't like what YOU have to say. If you can handle that, so can
I.
I can handle it just fine Brenda.

Crystal
Wachit
2005-01-26 17:00:22 UTC
You know there's
two
Post by crystaline
sides to every story Brenda; your's, Barry's, and the truth that's
somewhere in the middle. I'm not going to stop reading or posting when the
mood strikes me; if I agree with someone I'll say it and if I don't I'll
do the same and if they can't handle it, oh well.
I don't want you to stop posting .... but remember that if you don't
like what someone else has to say, someone may come forward to tell you
they don't like what YOU have to say. If you can handle that, so can
I.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
You are right about one thing Crystal, there are usually three sides to
every story. Having said that, perhaps in the future you can pass up the
opportunity to either vehemently deny or defend something as personal as
Barry's sexuality (it's noboby's business anyway)or to judge another's
post without first looking for their intent. In Ruby's case, or in
Brenda's previous parodies, they were not meant to hurt anyone, only to
perhaps bring levity to a place that is, often-
times, very volatile.

Susan
mamahep
2005-01-26 17:01:53 UTC
<<<Unfortunately I didn't think this was the least bit funny but then I
also don't feel the need to get bent out of shape over every thing the
BMIFC does or doesn't do that seems to piss off everybody else. I'm also
not in the habit of nitpicking everything about Barry from his skin tone
on a daytime talk show which is hardly of earth shattering importance, to
his hair color which is after all his choice and again doesn't affect me
at all. I'm sure just about everyone else on here will find you quite
amusing
though. Crystal>>>

If most of the posts on here upset you, why don't you just unsubscribe
and leave? You always have some negative thing to say about almost every
post on here...give it up and get out already...find another barry board
to post on. Your ramblings on about being so "barry pure and innocent"
make me about want to throw up...

paula
crystaline
2005-01-26 19:34:48 UTC
If most of the posts on here upset you, why don't you just unsubscribe
and leave? You always have some negative thing to say about almost every
post on here...give it up and get out already...find another barry board
to post on. Your ramblings on about being so "barry pure and innocent"
make me about want to throw up...
What makes you think most of the posts on here upset me just because i
chose to express an unpopular opinion about this one and a few others? If
you were paying attention yesterday, I posted what seemed to be a majority
opinion about the way some fans dress for concerts.

Sorry to disappoint you Paula but if I wasn't inclined to go somewhere
else before, knowing that I my being here irritates you, gives me more
incentive to stay. A word of wisdom Paula, never give people you consider
more enemy than friend a weakness to exploit.

Oh and if my ramblings about being so "Barry pure and innocent" make you
want to throw up, the way you used to post on the Bnet did nothing for my
digestion either.

Crystal
binker
2005-01-26 20:53:04 UTC
Post by crystaline
else before, knowing that I my being here irritates you, gives me more
incentive to stay. A word of wisdom Paula, never give people you consider
more enemy than friend a weakness to exploit.
Crystal...this is just so fucking stupid...and ummmm...disturbing?...

Think about it for a second...you believe you have irritated
someone...and you are please about it...somethings not right about
that...an irritant causes injury...so you have injured someone and you
feel good about it...you hurt someone and you feel good about it...

You need a professional sweety... : )

Alex : )
P.S. I think it should have been "If I was inclined..."...I don't
know...maybe all that hurt got in the way...never mind...
crystaline
2005-01-26 22:35:43 UTC
Crystal...this is just so fucking stupid...and ummmm...disturbing?...

Think about it for a second...you believe you have irritated
someone...and you are please about it...somethings not right about
that...an irritant causes injury...so you have injured someone and you
feel good about it...you hurt someone and you feel good about it...

You need a professional sweety... : )

Alex : )
P.S. I think it should have been "If I was inclined..."...I don't
know...maybe all that hurt got in the way...never mind...
Alex,

Was there a point to you using that particular prfanity? I said I
irritated her as in got a rise out of her; the idea that I caused her an
injury and was happy about it is ridiculous. I wasn't inclined to go
anywhere before her post and even less so now, get it "sweetie"?

Crystal
Brenda
2005-01-26 07:48:34 UTC
Post by rubyslippers
"Three Men and a Fanclub"-TBS-(movie:) starring Barry Manilow, Garry Gief,
and Marc Hulett. Three bachelor's try to figure out how to run an
International fanclub without trying to drive the fans-and each
other-crazy!
Actually, I'm not sure how to tell you this, but this had an error.
It's not a movie, it's one of those made-for-TV mini-series.
Post by rubyslippers
Barry Manilow and Kathy Bates as "Mrs. Manilow."- The gang try to thwart a
plan by "Fanilow" Kathy Bates to kidnap him in the middle of his CSWY
routine on the debut of his new Vegas strip show.
ENJOY!
R.K.
Didn't you just love Kathy Bates in "Unconditional Love?"

(I will always be impressed with Barry for having the nerve to do a
cameo in that one!)

Thanks, R.K.!
Scooter ²
2005-01-26 12:02:29 UTC
Post by rubyslippers
T.V. GUIDE LISTINGS for Manilow T.V.that we'd like to see:(check local
listings for daily shows)
DISCALAIMER: THIS is a PARODY, in the vein of Nat'l Lampoon, MAD, and
SNL! To TPTB, GET A GRIP, and START LAUGHING AT LIFE!!!
Very funny! Thanks for a laugh to start my day. :)
--
Scooter²

Why are our days numbered and not, say, lettered?
mamahep
2005-01-26 14:43:33 UTC
How funny!...this was a hoot! thanks, paula
marv935
2005-01-26 16:58:30 UTC
Hi RK,
This is all good satire. I especially liked the fact that like
Brenda, you provide some of your honest thoughts on Barry's organization
through humour. I especially thought you were on target with your program
about the three bachelors working on the fan club.
Here are some more tv shows I would like to see on Manilow TV:
CNBC MONEY WATCH: THE PLATINUM EXPERIENCE
Learn how big celebrity athletes and stars maximize their power, fame
and prestige by charging fees to meet with their fans. The profit margins
are explained to CNBC news correspondents and include interviews with
Garry Kief, manager of Barry Manilow, Cher and baseball slugger Barry
Bonds.
UNSOLVED MYSTERIES: THE HARMONY STORY A&E
The real life story of how the musical play Harmony has had more
emotional ups and downs for Barry Manilow and his collaborators than any
other composer on Broadway. Learn why the project is continually on the
sidelines while lower cost productions such as Avenue Q and Anna Of The
Tropics have already earned Tony Awards. The program will include an
interview with Q composer and Tony Award winner Jeff Marx, who met Barry
Manilow backstage following a 1989 Miami concert. Marx was inspired by
Manilow and created Avenue Q in 2000 and had it running on Broadway within
four years.
mamahep
2005-01-26 17:19:42 UTC
good one's...marv.....;)

paula

ps..happy belated birthday!!! hey, what's the temp in miami today???

i'm getting bombarded with ANOTHER snow storm here in RI!
Wachit
2005-01-26 17:40:07 UTC
ps..happy belated birthday!!! hey, what's the temp in miami today???

i'm getting bombarded with ANOTHER snow storm here in RI!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Happy belated birthday to you Marv. Sorry about the snowstorm Paula. The
weather here in NY sucks too !
Susan
Reb ®
2005-01-27 00:36:55 UTC
Post by mamahep
hey, what's the temp in miami today???
It's very wonderful weather in Florida! sweatshirt in the morning...shorts
later in the day.
rubyslippers
2005-01-27 02:36:10 UTC
Marv,

I TOTALLY love the MSNBC, but especially the lost "Harmony" thingy! Anyone
else care to "add" to the Manilow T.V. "lineup?"

R.K.

P.S. Crystal honey, sorry that you are so bent out of shape. BUT, it is a
free country last time I looked. YOUR choice to act or react. Ever read
the book "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff?" I recommend it highly for
controlaholics who give themselves (and everyone around them) ulcers! -
crystaline
2005-01-27 03:33:03 UTC
P.S. Crystal honey, sorry that you are so bent out of shape. BUT, it is a
free country last time I looked. YOUR choice to act or react. Ever read
the book "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff?" I recommend it highly for
controlaholics who give themselves (and everyone around them) ulcers! -
If raising five kids and now my granddaughter hasn't given me an ulcer I
hardly think a few people on this newsgroup are up to the task. I gave my
opinion which was that I didn't think your parody was funny but others
thought it was just as I knew they would. That hardly makes me bent out of
shape or a controlaholic.

Crystal
Dave
2005-01-27 06:54:33 UTC
We could probably also run:

Sci-Fi Channel, 9:00 PM - "At the Copa"
Stephen Hawking joins Bruce Sussman as they travel through time in an effort
to discover just what year it was that Lola had her show.

The Food Channel, 9:30 - "The Secret Life of..." Topic this week: Barry
Manilow. Starting with a picture of his pepper tree... wait... huh? What do
you MEAN we can't take a shot of his pepper tree? They thought we meant
W***@AOL.com
2005-01-27 12:20:39 UTC
The Food Channel, 9:30 - "The Secret Life of..." Topic this week: Barry

Manilow. Starting with a picture of his pepper tree... wait... huh?
What do
you MEAN we can't take a shot of his pepper tree? They thought we meant

"Berry" Manilow? Oy...

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Along the same lines how about
Animal Planet at 8PM - Celebrities and their pets. This week featuring
Barry Manilow and his dogs. What????? We can't photograph the
dogs.......but, their invisible!!!!!

Susan
W***@AOL.com
2005-01-27 12:32:15 UTC
but, their invisible
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
I meant, they're invisible!!! This is my brain on no caffiene:^)

Susan
mamahep
2005-01-27 14:45:36 UTC
<<<A word of wisdom Paula, never give people you
consider more enemy than friend a weakness to exploit>>>

Why would I consider you more enemy than friend? I don't know you...And
what is my weakness that you'd like to exploit?

I'm confused...

Oh, and as far as my postings on the bnet...I'm not ashamed of them...I am
PROUD to post that I feel that Barry's music has been a great healer of my
soul...Like the old saying goes, "Walk a mile in my shoes."

I was brought up in a tortured home, I had nothing or noone to turn to,
Barry's music was my refuge and strength when there was NO WHERE to
turn...To that, I'm practically eternally grateful to him...

THEN, I was WIDOWED at 30 years of age...my dear husband suffered greatly
for 3 years from colon cancer and died at the age of 32...IN MY ARMS...and
after that, it was barry's music that helped me to grieve the loss of my
soul mate...when I felt like I'd lost everything that mattered in my life,
when I felt like the world had just betrayed the hell out of me, it was
his music that helped me make it through. Afterall, you never get over
grief, you get through...somehow...

HOW'S THAT FOR LIFE EXPERIENCES???

There are days (like after hurtful posts) that stir the emotions even
more...I'm not perceiving you as an enemy at all...I don't like to have
enemies, it's not healthy...I try to radiate peace...I just wondered why
you come to a place where the posts bother you and why you'd chose to
stay?

I think I have the right to post my thankfulness to Barry and his music,
and sometimes I feel that I could post it on the bnet and not here because
it would be received in a better/kinder light...(no offense to anyone
here, but I'm new to this group and have been feeling it out)

If anyone would like me to share my experiences, pain and how I overcame
(well, got through them) with the help of barry's music, then let me know
and I will share...

As far as me upsetting your digestion, sorry, at least I wasn't posting my
fantasies over the man..I don't feel that way...I just feel like barry's
music has totally pierced my soul and has stayed there and helps me get
through, on a day to day basis...some prefer to drink alcohol and take
illegal drugs to cope...I prefer manilow as my "drug of choice"..that's
all

paula
BrryM
2005-01-27 18:27:00 UTC
Post by mamahep
<<<A word of wisdom Paula, never give people you
consider more enemy than friend a weakness to exploit>>>
Why would I consider you more enemy than friend? I don't know you...And
what is my weakness that you'd like to exploit?
I'm confused...
Oh, and as far as my postings on the bnet...I'm not ashamed of them...I am
PROUD to post that I feel that Barry's music has been a great healer of my
soul...Like the old saying goes, "Walk a mile in my shoes."
As for posting on the BNet. I think the majority of us here have given it a
whirl. There is so much knowledge that we can give them. So much
information about their sex god. Their conversations are usually so shallow
because they don't know the history of Barry. Not just about the memories
that we have that are the unwritten history but the facts that are written
about past managers, staff, back up singers etc. They don't have the
yearning to own these facts.
I've seen BNet posts that are gems done by people here and their efforts
have gone unnoticed. Not one remark made about a fascinating fact. I've
wanted to shake the whole darn website & holler at them to listen, take
note, this is important. They are too interested in counting seconds until
the next concert.
So please keep on posting on the BNet. Maybe one day someone will get
through.

Lynn
mamahep
2005-01-27 18:52:14 UTC
<<<I've seen BNet posts that are gems done by people here and their efforts
have gone unnoticed>>>

I'm one of those people...I've posted things and even have asked questions
and not responses...but here, I usually get at least one response from
someone!

paula
Scooter ²
2005-01-27 18:57:49 UTC
Post by mamahep
<<<I've seen BNet posts that are gems done by people here and their
efforts have gone unnoticed>>>
I'm one of those people...I've posted things and even have asked
questions and not responses...but here, I usually get at least one
response from someone!
I find the BNet board is much more a personal chat room than a message board.
--
Scooter²

"Only God can make a tree"— probably because it's so hard to figure out
how to get the bark on.
Scooter ²
2005-01-27 19:05:22 UTC
Post by BrryM
As for posting on the BNet. I think the majority of us here have given
it a whirl. There is so much knowledge that we can give them. So much
information about their sex god. Their conversations are usually so
shallow because they don't know the history of Barry. Not just about
the memories that we have that are the unwritten history but the facts
that are written about past managers, staff, back up singers etc. They
don't have the yearning to own these facts.
TPTB, I would think, much prefer people who don't want to know these
facts. They are at that stage of fandom we've probably all experienced in
the past. "OMIGOD! I'LL DIE IF I DON'T SEE BARRY! I'LL DIE IF I DON'T
GET THROUGH THE THE BMIFC FOR TICKETS! I'LL DIE IF I DON'T GET THE NEW CD
AT MIDNIGHT ON RELEASE DATE!" Breathe...breathe... They'll buy just
about anything that's for sale, and totally buy into the "party line" as
Steven so aptly label it. I refer to it as "drinking the blue Kool-Aid."

Most of the time reality eventually seeps through all that, and you move
into a different place.
Post by BrryM
I've seen BNet posts that are gems done by people here and their efforts
have gone unnoticed. Not one remark made about a fascinating fact.
Been there...done that...
Post by BrryM
I've wanted to shake the whole darn website & holler at them to listen,
take note, this is important. They are too interested in counting
seconds until the next concert.
So please keep on posting on the BNet. Maybe one day someone will get
through.
No can do.

how to get the bark on.
laniemra
2005-01-27 19:35:38 UTC
As far as me upsetting your digestion, sorry, at least I wasn't posting my
fantasies over the man..I don't feel that way...I just feel like barry's
music has totally pierced my soul and has stayed there and helps me get
through, on a day to day basis...some prefer to drink alcohol and take
illegal drugs to cope...I prefer manilow as my "drug of choice"..that's
all

paula

Party on, Paula. I like your posts.

Cate

paula
mamahep
2005-01-27 19:43:15 UTC
<<Party on, Paula. I like your posts. Cate>>

Thanks, Cate...I will continue to post and to carry on!

paula

crystaline
2005-01-27 12:48:11 UTC
We could probably also run:

Sci-Fi Channel, 9:00 PM - "At the Copa"
Stephen Hawking joins Bruce Sussman as they travel through time in an
effort
to discover just what year it was that Lola had her show.

The Food Channel, 9:30 - "The Secret Life of..." Topic this week: Barry
Manilow. Starting with a picture of his pepper tree... wait... huh? What
do
you MEAN we can't take a shot of his pepper tree? They thought we meant
"Berry" Manilow? Oy...
Dave,

Now that was funny without being what I personally considered mean
spirited.

Crystal
desertdot05
2005-01-26 17:47:47 UTC
Post by rubyslippers
Barry Manilow and Kathy Bates as "Mrs. Manilow."- The gang try to thwart a
plan by "Fanilow" Kathy Bates to kidnap him in the middle of his CSWY
routine on the debut of his new Vegas strip show.
Post by rubyslippers
ENJOY!
R.K.

R.K.

Copyright this one so the actual show's producers don't "steal" your idea
for an episode!!